KY Horse Park

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by JbirdsChick, Aug 2, 2015.

1. JbirdsChick

JbirdsChick One Big Bird, his Chick, and 2 Hatchlings

Site: D223, not level but all the shade we had made it worth it. Sites in general are spacious, perfect for our fur-baby. Pool and playgrounds are very nice. Their calendar is always full of events going on inside the main part of the horse park. Bath houses could use some updating and water pressure was almost non-existent. Other than the bath house situation, we had a wonderful time and everyone around was super friendly. We would stay again

2. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

I spent a week there 2 years ago - didn't use any of the amenities as I was there for a horse show at the Horse Park and spent my days/evenings there for the most part! I am hoping to go back next year, with our new hybrid lol.....

The spot I had was pretty nice and level, lots of shade and the best part was the rear entrance to the horse park so I didn't have to pay for entry every day! [:D]

3. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

We were there last week, real nice place, agree little shower water pressure but all in all it is a very nice place to camp.

4. JbirdsChick

JbirdsChick One Big Bird, his Chick, and 2 Hatchlings

We are returning there in June this year. I'm gonna try a site on the "pool side" of the campground this time.

5. KyRagtopGirl

KyRagtopGirl New Member

We camp here every year for the Festival of the Bluegrass. Even though we are "doubled up" some of the time, we love the KHP Campground. Many of the sites are pretty nice and shaded. There is a large playground, swimming pool, Tennis and Basketball courts, two shower houses, and a store. There is also access to the Kentucky Horse Park.

6. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

Let me know when you book the date and I will try to make it there myself. [A] The end of June we are staying at Breaker Interstate Park just over the VA line about 3 hours away from Lexington/Georgetown.