KY - Land Between the Lakes - Hillman Ferry

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by jbcmax, Jul 16, 2009.

1. jbcmax

jbcmax New Member

We just returned from a 4 night trip to Land Between the Lakes. What a beautiful area this is, we camped at Hillman Ferry, Area C - site 40. I highly recommend this campground and this site was one of the best in the whole area C. We were 30 feet from the lake, 150 feet from the restrooms, which were very very clean. Hot water, good pressure in the shower, probably got a better shower than I do at home. You can rent bikes at this campground and the camp store was well stocked. The only problem we had at all was that we had to remove our porta-potti and take down the "shower house". Apparently they are not allowed here. We just moved the porta-potti into the pup, we only use it at night anyway. We did not know they were not allowed and it was set up for 3 days before anyone said anything about it.

While at LBL, we listened to a live band on saturday, watched drag boat races, hiked the Hematite Lake trail, visited the Nature Center, Home Place , the Planetarium and rode horses are the Wranglers Camp. It as a great trip. Also did a little geocaching.

2. dkinary

dkinary Al & Debby

We have never stayed at Hillman Ferry. Piney campground is at the south end of LBL. We stayed for a week the first week in June. I bought a shower-potty tent this winter. We used it all week. We even had our son join us for the weekend and put his tent on the site with us and no one said a word. All the campground in the LBL have the same rules so I don't know why they had you take yours down.

3. mruss1993

mruss1993 Clarksville Tn

I think that Hillman has some of its own rules, we drove up there from Clarksville yesterday and they would not let us check out the campground, we went to Energy Lake also and they let us check out the sites, I think that it is the people running it.