LA -Lake Bistineau State Park

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by froggie, Dec 28, 2013.

1. froggie

froggie New Member

Lake Bistineau is located in northwest Louisiana, about 35 miles from Shreveport/BossierCity and about 16 miles from I-20. We live only a mile from this park but had never camped there until this weekend. We stayed in site 36, which is a pull thru. This site, like most of the sites in park, has w/e, picnic table, fire ring, and a wooden deck. Bath house, while a little dated, is heated, clean and has large showers and plenty of toilets. Added bonus is a laundry facility connected to the bath house.
    Staff is friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Campground is on the lake. Boat launch is adjacent. Really easy to launch and then take your boat to cs. Bike, hiking, and equestrian trails in the park. These are nice when there has not been too much rain. Trails are supposed to be updated beginning in January. There is a pool at Area 2, a short drive from cg. I believe campers swim free, unlike state parks in Arkansas.
    We enjoyed our stay. I might not recommend our area during the summer. Lake Bistineau is more of a fishing lake than a swimming lake. We've had a big problem with salvinia in the past few years, too. It has, traditional to LA, cypress trees and Spanish moss and mosquitoes.