LA- Lake Claiborne State Park.

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Penny Logan, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

Just got back from my maiden voyage in my new2me HTT and we went to Lake Claiborne state park near Homer LA. We were at site 16 in campground with one side all waterfront site. It was so wonderful. between every 2 sites is a bench to look out on the lake and a fishing pier. You can swim right there at your campsite. We were close to showers/restrooms. They were very nice, clean, and good water pressure.
    The premium waterfront sites were $26.00 per nite, but they have other site from $14.00 up. They have walking, hiking and bike trails. Swimming beach, with canoe and boat rentals, concession stand with burgers, hot dogs and yummy sno cones.
    I will be going back to this park. [:D]

2. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

Hey Penny!!

We're heading over to Tickfaw State Park (Springfield, LA) this weekend. If we get up to N. LA maybe we'll see you at Lake Claiborne.

BTW, We live in Slidell, LA.

3. fiddlingdoc

fiddlingdoc Member

Hi Cooldad, Hi Penny,

This is Fiddlingdoc. I live in Baton Rouge. Looks like we have a groundswell going. Sushidog is in Louisiana also. Maybe we should have a Pelican State gettogether later this year.

Doc

4. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

Sounds like a good idea, fiddlingdoc.

5. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

The more the merrier!