Labor Day Weekend, where's everyone going?

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by rambus, Aug 23, 2013.

1. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

We're not camping because we try to avoid huge crowds......... made the mistake of going camping a few years ago for Labor Day weekend and it was a madhouse at the campground.

I will be going on an overnight motorcycle trip though and staying in a hotel. Not really a long trip, should be about 600 to 650 miles round trip.

2. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

[TV] [HYC] just like the drunk that wont drink on New Years Eve due to not risking his life on amateur night, I don't camp on holiday weekends for similar reasons.

3. Keithsbabe

Keithsbabe New Member

Saturday to Tuesday at Jellystone in northern Indiana. We expect come Monday afternoon we will practically have the place - and the pools! - to ourselves :)

4. christianspopup

christianspopup New Member

San Mateo Campgroumd in San Clemente with 27 families from our church. This year we are the only pop up in the group and the tenters are getting fewer. Looking forward to the beach!

5. Wildwoodflower77

Wildwoodflower77 Member

Friday through Monday at Oscar Scherer State Park, going to hit Casperson Beach for some shark tooth hunting and Yoder's Amish Restaurant since we'll be in the area.

6. loriwatjen

loriwatjen New Member

We're heading to East Asheville KOA for the weekend. We've never tried a KOA before & I hope we like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. NotRufnIt

NotRufnIt Total PuP Noobs! But Gettin' Better!

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coconino/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=55024&actid=29

We were in a panic this weekend! Friends were going to take us to their boondock spot but had to cancel at the last minute. We prefer reservations since in our area (Northern AZ) spots fill up quick with folks escaping the heat south of us. There was nothing available in a 50 mile radius! 3 day holiday weekends at the campgrounds here are fine. A lot of campers but far enough apart to be enjoyable. We visited our favorite spot today (link above) and spoke to the campground host. He said to come out Thursday nite and set up in one of the FCFS spots. The spousal unit has Friday off so he'll have the burden of responsibility. I have Parent Night at school on Thursday so I can't help him. But I'm sneaking out as soon as the kids leave on Friday to head to the campground! I Can't Wait!!!!!

8. camper2009

camper2009 New Member

Leaving Wed AM for the final Bluegrass Festival of the season in Nova Scotia.. Probably back on Sunday PM.. tired and worn out but Happy...
    Four days of music and jamming...with friends old and new...

9. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Heading out for three days with the wife and son at Thomson Causeway CG (Army Core) on the Mississippi River north of Quad Cities. Supposed to be a hot, but hey, were camping [CP]

10. 5Star

5Star New Member

We're going to Platter Flats (COE) in Oklahoma, on Lake Texoma with 3 other families and their campers.
    Also taking 2 boats and alot of water toys.
    It's going to be a big ho down for 4 days in the hot sun.

11. JugDog

JugDog New Member

We are taking our maiden voyage in our ntu 97 fleetwood to hickory run state park in PA.

12. Xiongmao12

Xiongmao12 Member

So many wonderful places to go! We're planning to find a campground somewhere between Proxy Falls and the Dee Wright Observatory in Oregon. We'll hike to and take pictures of the falls and hope to see all the stars from our campsite.

13. daveo1289

daveo1289 Well-Known Member

We're staying home over the weekend but going out for the week on Tuesday. We chose that time because of family matters and the fact that nobody is going to be at the campground that week. Headed in to the Finger Lakes region of NY at Keuka Lake.

14. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

We will be spending Saturday and Sunday in the Yellowstone area and Monday in the Tetons, hopefully at Gros Ventre.

15. hootn

hootn Member

more than likely, work [:(] however it is double time and half that day. [:D]

16. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Not camping, but we will be at Myrtle Beach with the grand daughters.

17. CamperMike

CamperMike Active Member

Heading to Wyalusing State Park near Bagley, WI. Never been there but it looks beautiful. I'm breaking from my usual rules of avoiding holiday weekends and giving this one a chance.

18. ill.plainsman

ill.plainsman happy, happy

we are just staying home. [;)] to many people at our campgrounds. there [CP] won't [CP] be [CP] a single [CP] empty [CP] space [CP] at any of the 9 close campgrounds. 3 full days of kids screaming at other camp sites doesn't make us happy. [:O] lots of time left after Labor Day

19. chinolofus

chinolofus New Member

Tent camping at Shabbona lake State Park. Though I'm considering canceling because of the heat. If we do go I'm buying a small ac for the tent. Luckily our site is completey shaded ... So that'swhy I'm on the fence about it.

20. Heartonasleeve

Heartonasleeve No meal invite, u tore my screen 1st pup outing!

Natchez Trace State Park in TN