Labor Day weekend who all are going CAMPING

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Heartman_wa, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Boomy

Boomy New Member

I should be boondocking on Bolivar Island. The bull red run should be in full force by then.
    Some buddys went out this week and hooked into 69 oversized red drum in one morning!
    Let the fun begin!
    [​IMG]

2. Ponyknite

Ponyknite New Member

I am planning to do more work on the pup. I've a lot of work ahead of me. I might even be doing the actual pup tear down for the new walls and floor. My restoration blog should explode with new things I put in.

3. JustRelax

JustRelax Active Member

Absolutely in my book. We'll be 2 weeks behind you for the HB trip - annual trip without the kids for us. The week after peak season when the rates go down but the water is still warm.

Have fun!

4. The Hillbilly Hilton

The Hillbilly Hilton New Member

Smiths Point on Long Island. Nice to spend the last weekend before the kids go back to school sleeping on the beach.

5. jjg

jjg Member

Getting together with old friends for our fantasy football draft. Will be camping at Mom and Dad's Farm Campground. Hope to do a little geocaching with DW on Sunday.

6. eckertsbrew

eckertsbrew Member

We will be going to the Arizona North Grand Canyon Rally.

7. Split

Split New Member

We'll be heading to recompense shore campground in freeport maine. Can't wait have lots of things planned.

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

Wife found out she needs to check in at work over the Holiday so it's "Camp Backyard" for us.
    BUT... Now that I have the battery and wiring installation completed on the P'up, I think I am going to hook up and tow it a whole 200' down to the lake and try Boondocking for the first time.

[​IMG]

Would be nice to try it close to home for the first time, just in case.... I'll put the front of the camper towards the lake and never look back and pretend I am MILES from home. That is if this years Twins don't mind me invading their play area. [;)]

[​IMG]

9. pcgeekess

pcgeekess New Member

My boys and I are going to SunFox in Lisbon for our maiden voyage in new popup and the next weekend too. Meeting up with my parents from MI who have been touring the east coast in an RV from the dark side. Will hopefully plan one more trick or treat booking. First time at this site too. I like the crowds sometimes because gives my kids a better chance of meeting other camping kids.

10. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

We're heading to a National Forest campground near Cable WI on Lake Namakagon. 7 nights of pure relaxation! Temps in the low 70's. Perfect!

11. Breadbox

Breadbox Volvo powered

We're getting in one more weekend at the beach before the weather gets cold. We'll be at Pocomoke State Park on the lower Eastern Shore. The $100 for 3 days is much better than the $500 and up for a campground and $1000 and up for a hotel in Ocean City. We'll be about 45 minutes away, but it should also be a little quieter.

12. GeorgeHahnemann

GeorgeHahnemann Active Member

[8D] Were going to Kiser Lake State Park. It's quite, small camp grounds, 78 sites.

We been there ever weekend this year, Camper Host, it's been fun!

13. campman22

campman22 New Member

we are yahoo

14. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

That is only about 2 1/2 hours away. Will be nice to keep it in the memory bank.
    Thanks!

15. MandoCamper

MandoCamper Member

Miraculously, on a whim this morning, I scored a two nighter (Thursday and Friday) at Savoy Mt State park in a Western Mass....and at our FAVORITE site, no less!

16. onebadbatch

onebadbatch New Member

Im leaving for five days of camping the Thursday after labor day. Hopefully the nice county park i like will be a ghost town.

17. silverfz

silverfz Active Member

I got lucky but this is a site i have never been too.

salisbury, ma

http://pinescampingarea.com

friday night , sat and sunday.

last friday off, i work 9 hr days during summer and take every other friday off. so last friday as summer is done.

18. 66Camper

66Camper Member

Gotta tell you...We've been camping for 40+ years and it was long ago we gave up, for the most part, camping on long Holiday weekends. It got to the point where everybody and anybody that had never camped decided to come out, drink to excess, play the loud music, get the pallets on the fire up to 6 feet high and just be totally oblivious to what camping is truly about. Been to some terrific campgrounds where even the owners couldn't control these weekenders, non-campers, as I call them. More often than not, things would get out of hand. Not a great impression for my four kids between the language, inebriation to excess, and general disregard for the other 'real' campers in the campground. It's great to see people getting out there that perhaps have never experienced what camping can really be about, so as my gift to them, i gladly relinquish Holiday weekends to them. Your thoughts everybody?!

19. Tyreguy

Tyreguy Member

Ditto.

20. nancyanddan

nancyanddan Active Member

We're just over halfway through on our epic 4-month long trip around the country with our pup. Arrived at Chris' Campground in Spearfish SD yesterday afternoon and will stay for a week. Picked this place as my son Kelly is competing in the Dakota 50 Mountain Bike Race in Spearfish next Sunday and we wanted to be here to cheer him on. The campground is expected to fill up by the weekend but I think it will be fine. It's well-organized, has large shady campsites, and immaculate restrooms and showers. We're happy campers! :)