Ladies... pj's or nightgown

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by angie_brown, Jun 26, 2011.

1. angie_brown

angie_brown New Member

When I'm at home I sleep in a t-shirt style nightgown and it's so comfortable, but very short. When we camp I sleep in t-shirt and pj capris and I feel like I might as well be wrapped from head to toe.

What do you sleep in when you are camping, and you have three kids in the camper with you??

2. IV Nurse

IV Nurse New Member

Shorts and a teeshirt.

3. jaycolaurel

jaycolaurel New Member

Oh .. good one! [:D] I hope many chime in. And curious whether any get totally dressed prior to venturing outside in the a.m.?

4. PattieAM

PattieAM New Member

Generally a tee and panties, then if I need to go outside just slip on a pair of shorts.

5. carolsaucier

carolsaucier just the 2 of us

I sleep in the same cotton nightgowns I wear at home..............UNLESS it is winter and cold outside. Then i sleep in t, pj bottoms and socks. [A]

6. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

Good question and one that I have thought to ask. I always wear nightgown, at home or while camping. I have sleeveless, cotton ones for hot weather and long sleeve flannel for cold nights. Yes, we most often camp with grandkids and yes, they have seen Grandma's unders on a few occasions. Ha! Yes, I go outside in the morning with my nightgown on, can't see though and covers far more that a swim suit.

7. NYgranny

NYgranny New Member

I have pjs with shorts bottoms. Wear those when we camp. They're heavy enough that I feel I can walk to the shower with them on. Of course, I'm an early riser and don't have to worry about too much of an audience!

8. angie_brown

angie_brown New Member

Thanks for all the replies. Now I feel like I don't have to wrap myself like a mummy when I camp.

9. carolinacampers

carolinacampers Nights camped: 2008-10, 2009-25, 2010-6.

We use the campground bathrooms/showers, so I don't pack nightgowns in case I need to go during the night. In the winter, I wear sweats. For warmer months, I have some lightweight two-piece PJs (t-shirt and short combos). If I do need to go, it just looks like I'm wearing regular shorts and a tee.

10. ilovecamping

ilovecamping New Member

Same as at home, nightgowns. I don't go out in mine.

11. Msuclan

Msuclan New Member

Short and T-shirt that I designate as pj's. I don't like wearing traditional pj's around the campsite in the am or to the bathrooms. That's just me, though.

12. CaliforniaPoppy

CaliforniaPoppy California and beyond!

Fleece pjs that look enough like sweats that I'm not afraid to be seen in them.

13. mommabear

mommabear New Member

if its hot- DHs boxers and a tanktop. if its chilly, flannel jammies or polar fleece sweater and pants. If im only nipping to a tree in the middle of the night, i dont worry about putting pants over the boxers.

In the morning, im not too concerned about appearances... the girls and i have no issues wandering to the comfort station with bed-head in what ever we slept in...we dress when we have either established what the days temperature will be or if were going into town, beach, leaving. Our theory is Jammies wouldnt come in kewl prints if you were not suppose to wear them in public LOL! I do however "holster the girls" before coming out....i may only be 31, but my chest took an early retirement south after nursing three kids....given my age and otherwise very young appearance i prefer not to advertise that fact.

14. eporter81

eporter81 New Member

Without the kids.... nothing. With the kids maybe panties and a tank top. I really sleep better with nothing on.

15. my3monkees

my3monkees New Member

T-shirt and undies, same as at home. With a pair of shorts or sweats within quick grabbing reach! [:D]

16. wantingapup

wantingapup New Member

with no guests in the camper (are kids are adults so they are considered guests..) - nothing - and if nature calls at night I have been known to go out by the bushes just like that (or with just a rain coat on) as I figure it's dark enough. Anyone with us in the camper then pj shorts and a tank top.

17. Popsrock

Popsrock New Member

T-shirts and nylon running shorts in the summer; long sleeved t-shirts and sweat pants in the winter. I'll never claim to be a "fashionista".....just trying to cover the "basics". Cute/fun topic!

18. CalKat

CalKat Member

Just a t-shirt and panties with shorts or sweatpants to pull on if I go outside.

19. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I don't have kids, so nothing! Although I do keep clothes handy in case I need to answer the door! My friend's kids think I get up early! [LOL] [LOL]

If it's cold, then the sweats and tshirts come out!

[:D]

20. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

T shirts only for us both as we have no kids either - gotta let the equipt. breathe you know. Free Willy! [;)]

Cindy & Chip