lake campground - good for swimming and kayaking early June NorCal?

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by world traveler, Dec 27, 2016.

1. 4my2girls

4my2girls New Member

Have you ever been to Collins Lake or Lake of the springs? Both are filled with hill run off not snow like little grass Valley so a little warmer. The boating you mentioned I like Lake of the springs better swimming is great in both.. hiking Lake if the springs has a trail we love right by the boat dock keep following it till you get to dog beach. So pretty. Collins is really busy, vault toilets, $2 for a few minutes shower, boat rentals start at $22 I think. While Lake of the springs has larger camping spots, free showers and all flushing toilets. Boat rentals start at $6. Both are about 1.5 hours from sac or less..

2. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

Lake of The Springs is a Thousand Trails / ELS campground (used to belong). A great campground for kids with a pool and miniature golf (free) and some daily activities (a few bucks each) on the weekends. Great lake but you have to buy a fishing tag that allows you to take 2 fish. Non-members camping nights are a bit pricey, though. IIRC, about $45 plus per person charges now. Google it. They have a LOT of camp sites but it does fill up for the 4th of July.