Lake Erie region Rally?

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by vagov, Aug 29, 2016.

Let try it again with dates

Poll closed Sep 28, 2016.
  1. august 11-13,2017

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. july 7-9 2017

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. july 21-23,2017

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Since the Pymatuning rally went well, let's try it again in 2017

2. gruss

gruss Active Member

Sounds good to me! Was cool meeting some pa folks! Except Rob ;P (j/k)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

John, I would really like to make your rally next year. Do you have a date yet?

4. Diana Taiclet

Diana Taiclet New Member

We love Lake Erie! We camp near North East but the campsite we camp at is right across the PA,NY state line.Beautiful country side surrounded by grape vines and Wineries ! I would love to meet up next year as long it's not downtown Erie,PA ,too crowded.

5. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Diana, you don't want to put 15 or so campers on Perry Square? John, had a great time this year, we're in for next year, where ever it is. Haven't been to Lake Erie SP.

6. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

mike. This past year we did the weekend after the 4th of july, after we poll the location. We will poll the date. Most likely. July or early to mid August. Diana. Make sure you vote. And hopefully it can work for you.

7. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

I have vacationed most of my life in Geneva Ohio. Great area! Love it up there. Lots of wineries, lots for the kids to do. The water is great.

Of course, someplace new is always welcomed.

Sally

8. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Thanks John, I will definitely keep my eye on this.

9. phager76

phager76 Active Member

We voted for Lake Erie SP. We've yet to camp in New York State, and it looks like Niagara Falls is an easy day trip from the park (~1.5 hour drive). Of course, we'll be there no matter where the rally is.

Sorry John, I never got around to rolling through Andover while we were up there, the family packed our days full on that trip out. Hell, I didn't even fill my grey water aquatainer in the week we were there, normally we fill one every three days. I've never spent so little time at the campground in the two years I've been camping with the Utah!

10. Heady

Heady Active Member

Hi guys, I should be in assuming it doesn't conflict with other plans.

11. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

We will be there if no other conflicts too

12. upstate family

upstate family Member

We may be able to make it. Would be fun to meet some other portal folks!

13. ShanegoDave

ShanegoDave Member

looking at lake erie campground in new York, the only thing I noticed is that it seems like the electric sites vary greatly between 15 amp and 50 amp may have to be specific where to book if we go here, especially if we do summer and some want or need air conditioning

14. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

dave.... the majority of the campground does have 15 amp service , but looks like 8 of the outer loop sites lakeside in the 08-20 section are 50 amp, with all the inside sites being 15. IF this location is selected, we would have to act FAST, as to obtain those wanting higher amps for bigger rigs and a/c needs... first, lets wait until the poll is over to see what location is selected, then proceed with a date, if not mistaken, NY is a 9 month out ressie window, so if we go again in July, probally looking around a Oct booking date... Ohio parks book 6 months out, and PA are 11 months for those interested.... thanks for pointing out the Electric issue concern, as I had to take a double look at it myself.... [;)]

15. phager76

phager76 Active Member

One other thing I saw in one review was that the power poles are split between sites, much like the hookups at Campers Paradise during the 2015 rally.

It wasn't a huge issue then, but there could be potential issues if two campers with AC are sharing a power pole, since they typically have 2 15A, 1 30A and 1 50A. Not really a huge deal, but of we go there I'd recommend having an extension cord and 50-30A converter "dog bone".

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk

16. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

looks like we are tied at the moment

17. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

18. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Looks like, per ReserveAmerica, the outer sites on loop "sites 004 - 030" are all 50a sites, while the inner sites are labeled as 15a. It appears that there are no sites listed as being 30a so my assumption would be that all the A/C users would need to book on the outer sites, while those without could go either inner or outer.

That loop is also pet friendly. It's worth noting that this loop is right next to the lake, so probably are in high demand. ReserveAmerica says the latest booking date as of today (9/4) is June 4th 2017. If we do go with this park, then we'd want to look at booking next month if it's held in the same time frame as the 2016 rally.

One final observation, when I looked at the reviews on RV park reviews website, it was mentioned that the lake front sites had a bit of a drop off to the lake, with no fencing or barriers. This could be an issue for those with young or special needs children. Although I'm not personally too concerned about it, some might be.

19. crosbys2008

crosbys2008 Active Member

Pat,
    What are you doing on the portal? Shouldn't be enjoying the camp somewhere on this beautiful weekend? Oh wait, I'm at camp and I'm on the portal. Damn I'm addicted to this place. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

20. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Sadly, I had/have to work for most of the holiday weekend, but I'm off today.

My two girls just got back from a summer camp put on by their enrichment group, so at least they were able to get a camping trip in this weekend. Although Gwen was very emphatic when she got home a couple of hours ago the she did not want to be home! It's kinda funny that my 2 year old is the most independent person in our family!

Hope you're having a blast, and we'll see you at Indian Lake!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.