Lake George/Saratoga/Ticonderoga, NY - suggestions for quieter, hookup places

Discussion in 'New York' started by NH-popper, Jun 11, 2010.

1. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

I searched the forums for private Lake George, NY area campgrounds and am not comfortable with choices presented so far, so I thought I'd give some details and see if any other places are suggested that we can stay in for five nights (by the way, LG Escape actually says that if you stay more than three nights you may need to move sites - that, IMHO, is ridiculous).

It'll be my wife and I and 14 year old son, so that means we don't want a "family resort" campground (in fact even my son prefers quieter places) and don't need a ton of amenities. Also, we don't need to be in Lake George itself - Anywhere from Ticonderoga to Saratoga would work for us. We do want water and electric hookups, since we'll be there five days , which eliminates the state and DEC campgrounds.

So, given all that, any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. We'll be going in August. Thanks! :)

2. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Please delete this thread, it's in the wrong place so I reposted. For some reason I can't even modify it now... Thanks! :)