Lake Superior Provincial Park - Rabbit Blanket Campground

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by theseus, Mar 30, 2019.

1. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

My family and I are staying 4 days the first week in August at the Rabbit Blanket campground in Lake Superior Provincial Park. We thought it looked nicer than the campground we found near Pictured Rocks.

So, for my Canadian friends (or anyone else who has been there) do you have any advice for me about what to see or do? Things I should know? I haven’t camped in Canada since 1998 (Waterton Lakes, AB), so I’m a newbie again.

We all have passports, as I know we need them now. Any other advice is welcome.

2. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

We had a fabulous time at Lake Superior Provincial Park. The Rabbit Blanket campground was nice and clean. The views were spectacular. We are definitely going back.

3. aysstephanie

aysstephanie New Member

We are headed up there next week ... we're Canadian but I have never been that far north. My partner has been and he says that the Agawa Rock Pictographs are a must-see hike. The Lake Superior Provincial Park website lists lots of great canoe routes and hiking trails. Enjoy!

4. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

We had my son’s kayak. It was great in the lakes and Old Woman Bay. Go to the pictographs when Superior is calm and wear shoes that can get a good grip on the rocks. Otherwise you’ll be swimming with the fishes.