laser lights and fog machines... too much?

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by fiero67, Dec 2, 2013.

1. TenPointBowHunter

TenPointBowHunter New Member

Post some pics or video when you get it done, sounds like fun in the right environment. IE celebratory weekend etc. normal camping in a nature park, not too sure, but I doubt it could be as obnoxious as staying next to the guy who doesn't follow the rules and is still running his $10 generator with no muffler at 0000 hours in the morning and the camp ground host acting like he is too scared to tell him to turn it off 2 hours ago.

2. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Sorry,but let me know where your going,and I'll pick a different campground. Maybe I'm getting old,but I prefer to relax at a campground. I tend to go to bed early,as I'm used to getting up @3:30 am. If your happy with your setup,that's great. To me,if I want that atmosphere, I'll find a bar somewhere. Just my opinion.

3. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

With laser lights and a fog machine, I might have to show up with my three friends.
    No, I'm NOT in the orange shirt. I'm one of the four NOT dressed to go camping that particular weekend. [:D]

[​IMG]

4. fiero67

fiero67 New Member

NOTE TO Self: never book a site there! HA HA

Noise wouldnt be the issue.... the crazy lighting would be.. BUT... people love to watch lightening.... and a camp ground is a gathering of people camping, so I dont see how this could be so secluded and people would be THAT annoyed by it. I respect the opinions of others ( I was raised right!) and would turn it all off if the neighbor disapproved..

I definately will post pictures in the spring when I get it ready to go camping. I just joined a local camping club here in Maine... so they will give me their opinions as well! Im sure some will let me know exactly how they feel.

5. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

Sounds like a good idea to go boondocking, bring a generator and invite your friends. As far as a campground.....I'm glad I'm on the other side of the continent. :) [;)]

6. fiero67

fiero67 New Member

awwwwwwwwwwwww

7. DragNfly

DragNfly New Member

We have one of those lasers that makes a nearby tree appear to have green fireflies. Its pretty cool, non intrusive, and so far we've never had a complaint.

8. fiero67

fiero67 New Member

Finally ! someone that has tried it. thank you !!!!!!

9. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

We'll be across from you!!

10. fiero67

fiero67 New Member

Awesome !!! I am very respectful to others...

11. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

If you get a deep enough site, I'd setup on it WITH y'all!! I just got a new purple "disco ball" type light for my cabana, but it doesn't spin or anything, but she sure is pretty!

[:D]

12. cma7777

cma7777 Member

X2

13. fiero67

fiero67 New Member

SEEEE... this is how we roll! purple one...disco ball!!! woot!

14. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Member

This is why I've always wanted a CG that was split into two, one side of the lake for those that prefer 24hr silence and the other side for the "weekend" "holiday" "like to have fun" campers like myself.

15. fiero67

fiero67 New Member

Sometimes I wonder.... for all the people that want total peace and quiet.... why go to a CAmpGround? Im thinking campgrounds were for people to gather and enjoy the camping experience together. I do a lot of camping here in Maine... I camp up in the Northern areas after the season ends... boondocking by the lake... and its great, but I also camp at Louden New Hampshire during the race weekend... and its crazy. Enjoying both sides of the fence. But i do like your idea!

16. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

^^^
    I live in Jersey. I don't go camping to be at the mall. :)

17. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Member

And that's completely understandable I'm from a big city also (Detroit) and for many camping is about enjoying nature and family. We do one of those trips a year. But the other 4-5 trips throughout the year it shifts to just letting loose with friends (we camp with a group of 5 other friends/familys with there own sites) when we get together its not uncommon for us to have 5 sites with 12-13 adults and 8-9 kids. As t was said by someone else we are also on "both sides of the fence"

18. tombiasi

^^^
    OK. You stay on your side of the lake. :)

19. Detroit_Iron

Detroit_Iron Member

That's what I'm saying!! I think it would be a great idea lmao. As much as I like "having fun" believe it or not I don't enjoy ruining someone else's experience. That's why I camp the holidays all the time and not mid week. [:D]

20. tombiasi

^^^ I belive you. That's why I cam mid week.