Last trip of the year.

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Aladin Sane, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

My yellow Lab Lilly and I are heading out this afternoon for the last trip of the year. We will be meeting up with a couple of my wifes brothers and one of my cousins. The trip is advertised as a pheasant hunting weekend, but there are very few birds around this year, so it will really be more of a mens weekend of sitting around a fire and drinking beer. The weekend forecast looks very nice. We will have highs near 70 and lows in the upper 40's. It has been very rainy and unseasonably cool here in Iowa the past month. The weather has slowed down the harvest, and that will make the bird hunting harder as well.

One of my brothers in law informed me that he would be bringing along an 8000 watt generator, and that all of us would be able to hook up to it. I think instead, I will camp about a mile away and run off of my battery. I don't really want to hear that stupid generator all weekend. Other than that, it should be a great time.

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

We too are heading out for our last trip of the year at 2:00. Weather here is supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny all weekend. We are both off for Veteran's Day and will winterize the pup on Wednesday. We had rainy weekends the last seven weeks. Summer was lousy and are hoping for more camping next year. Can't come soon enough for me.

3. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Have a great trip ..... weather looks good!

4. SCmomma

SCmomma New Member

hope you have a great time Aladin Sane......sounds like a nice time of year weatherwise..... even if the birds don't show up you should have fun.........SCmomma

5. Island Ranger

Island Ranger New Member

Have a great trip, hopefully the thoughts of this will keep you going through the winter.

6. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

Well, I am back from my trip. The weather was great, the birds where nearly not to be seen, and the generator was loud as a jack hammer. All the fans of the generator where congregated in a single pup. There was a second pup, a class C and a TT that where all able to boondock it without external power. The first night, the boondockers enforced their will on the generator crowed and did not allow the generator to run through the night. The second night, we could not stand the whining about how cold they had been the night before, and the generator roared through the night.

7. SCmomma

SCmomma New Member

sounds like everybody compromised.......glad you had a nice time........SCmomma

8. jmackeral

jmackeral Happy Camper in Northern MN

We also got a break in the weather this past week. After a miserably cool wet October the first weekend in Nov. ( deer hunting opener) was forecast to be sunny with highs in the 50's and lows in the upper 30's. So I convinced DH we should take the pup to DB's house for extra sleeping (for us) for the hunting weekend. Worked out great, with two electric heaters it was very toasty! In fact DS complained that he was too hot! Quite a switch from most years when there's already a ton of snow on the ground. I was just happy to get to camp one more weekend, even if it was camp driveway! Helps to shorten the winter! Now I think I'm ready to put her away for the winter.! Looking forward to next year! :) BTW DB shot a nice 10 pointer and DH and DS shot a couple does.