late 60's Cox Campers -soft top green canvas over yellow box

Discussion in 'Vintage & Off The Wall Campers' started by JMG1974, Sep 1, 2020.

1. JMG1974

JMG1974 New Member

2. SteveWithThePBass

SteveWithThePBass New Member

Mine’s a ‘76 but it’s basically the same thing. Don’t judge, it’s the start of a project
    998DC6C6-D653-406C-905F-E3072700D50F.jpeg F17B74BE-CB08-42B6-8A09-9378A20CD103.jpeg

3. JMG1974

JMG1974 New Member

no judging here :) i'm glad to see more than one is still going. and you have the same one my parents had, the Cadet. its the easy one to recognize since it has the trailer tongue out the back. All the others are on one side. I'm looking for some operating details of the jack feet. i cant seem to get mine to crank UP without another device to assist. Any suggestions?

4. SteveWithThePBass

SteveWithThePBass New Member

Mine has one on each corner that hinges down, and they work like basic car jack stands. They have homes along the side with a spring latch mechanism. I just push them down to the ground until they touch, and pull the latch open by hand and push the leg up with my foot. Pretty basic but yours may be different. I’ll grab a pic of the mechanism next time I’m there

5. Rocket Don

Rocket Don Member

I used to own one. I'm in the market for a Cox Cadet now. I think there are a couple of others here. Post some pics.

6. StevieT

StevieT New Member

I am picking a 1977 Cadet up tomorrow....Ill post some pics when I get it home. Will be our deer hunting/camping rig for my boys and I.

7. Rocket Don

Rocket Don Member

Set up not awning.jpg I just brought home my new-to-me '72 Cox Cadet. Been looking for over 2 years.