Late night etiquette

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by kypopup, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

Late night etiquette

No. Children are clueless, adults know better though don't care.

2. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

I hear your pain.

I, also, can't understand the folks that feel they must "cruise the campground" periodically in their vehicles. We usually leave the vehicles in place unless we really need them for something (e.g., hauling the canoe to the water or making a trip off site).

Saw a person on my last trip that seemed to be running back and forth to the bath house with their vehicle. I found that one really strange since (1) the campground wasn't that big and the bathhouse was centrally located, and (2) there were plenty of empty camp spots closer to the bath house where they could have been if they felt the site where they where was too far (couple hundred yards max).

But then again, one of the things that we do when camping is get out and walk/hike.

Of course, there are people that will circle the parking lot at Wally World to get front door parking and then walk around the Mega Wally for an hour. Like the few extra steps across the parking lot will hurt them.

To be fair, though, I've been guilty of the key fob door lock honk a time or two. We've since gotten smarter and use the manual door locks. As a matter of fact, I don't even have a fob on my keyring any more.

3. Jim_Rockford

Jim_Rockford Member

I don't think its that they don't care, they are just too stupid to know better, its called piss poor raising in todays ME society..

4. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

If they are driving somewhere I don't fault someone for having a diesel. It's not like they have a choice when they start the engine between diesel, gas, or electric. And there are some folks camping that are 'fraid to walk a campground at night. It could be from two legged or four legged threats.

It's not how I camp but I have found I sleep better when something like that wakes me up and I shrug it off thinking some poor guy was woken up to drive his DW, DS, DD, or worse the DMIL [;)] to the bathroom. I've lost too many nights sleep getting irritated and laying awake plotting the confrontation or seeking revenge. (mostly exaggerated but you get the idea).

5. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

To give them the benefit of doubt... maybe they have MS or some other disability that makes them need to drive to the bath house.

That said, it bothers me too... the engine noise, the headlights, the horn beeps [}:)]

6. Jimbow

Jimbow Active Member

I will agree there really isn't an excuse to not lock your car manually and avoid the beep. Unless there are cars out there now that have removed the ability to manually lock.

7. Tacoma_Jim

Tacoma_Jim Member

I say if you can afford to have the noisy truck you should be able to afford a porta-potty and not wake everyone.