Latest trip Paynes Prairie Preserve S.P.

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by nineoaks2004, Jul 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Pebbles and I finally got to go camping. Even the heat did not slow or dampen our enthusiasm . We met some great people during our 4 night stay. One of my Lodge Brothers that lives about 5 mi. away called on day 1 and asked if i like boiled peanuts, naturally I said yes and he replied that he had just boiled a bushel and a half and would bring some over. That was great as we had not been face to face for about 20 years, really great to see him, then next day he came over with enough low country boil for two people so I froze and saved that for after our return home as the DW loves a low country boil, (also boiled peanuts too)
    People across from us has been there for 8 weeks which is unusual as normally a 14 day visit but they had a 6 yr. old daughter that has to go to the UF hospital
    for therapy every day to treat a brain tumor, my heart and prayers go out to the family and hopefully a remission or outright cure as prayer changes things. Their 2 yr. old son loved Pebbles and Pebbles loved him back. my boat came at home the day before we left the CG so I did not get to use it this trip, next trip I hope as everyone was catching fish. Overall a great trip and felt good to relax and heal up after a year of fencing, building etc. The CG had notices posted everywhere and recommended using you own bathroom if you had one, but what to do if you had to use the public facilities. I am already planning for the next trip and with the boat then and maybe it will be cooler and the fish will be biting too.

Tom Jordan, neighbormike and kcsa75 like this.
  2. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Well-Known Member

Glad you got out and had a good time, "boiled peanuts" that's a new one to me.

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

They are really a staple especially here in the south, can be spiced up "cajun style, always salty too and go great with a cold brewski or two, and even without the beer.