Laurel Highlands Campout/DOG

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by vagov, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

i enjoy two particular activities that seems to keep me rather busy throughout the year, camping with you all, and cooking in Dutch ovens . finding time to do both , sometimes seems to get challenging as my calender fills rather fast. after hosting the Geneva rally , and attending the fall Pymatuning rally, i noticed the attraction to dutch oven cooking is becoming increasing more popular. so start thinking about ways to do both more often. a Rally with a Dutch Oven Theme started to come to mind. so why not host a RALLY/DOG. we already have a scheduled DOG to take place again at Laurel Hill State park September 21-23 2018 in the beautiful Laurel Highlands. so figured this would be a great place to kick it off . we can start booking sites 11 months out in PA, so starting this Saturday October 21, reservation window opens, figured we book in the pet section of the campground, for those wanting or needing to bring poochie. there are alot of good sites, but they do book fast. especially the full hookup, and electric sites in the middle of the loop, so dont hesitate, and book quickly. friday night we will hold a meet and greet in the campground loop, then saturday, several members from Three Rivers Dutch Ovens Chapter will be at the Willis Pavillion, cooking throughout the day, giving away free samples, and displaying the culinary art of cooking in Cast Iron Pots. , plus conducting several educational classes to either learn or hone your cooking skills. all are welcomed to contribute, or simply stop bye and learn more about Dutch Oven Cooking. then we can join together and hold our potluck dinner with the cooks on hand at the pavillion. thou dutch oven cooking is encouraged, it is not required, simply bring a covered dish and join in the fun . then we can later return to the campground for a comutal bonfire and door prize giveaways. for those not interested in dutch oven cooking, Laurel Hill still offers alot of extra activities and nearbye attractions, such as a nice beach, fishing, or just relaxing, plus Seven Springs, Ohioplye, and the 911 Memorial at Shanksville are just a short drive away just to name a few. booking starts this weekend, book early and see you there !

phager76 likes this.
  2. Salandrew

Salandrew Active Member

I haven’t been on here for a while! I am certainly going to check this out!!! Thanks John!

phager76 likes this.
  3. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Well, since the 21st is my B-day, and I just got a dutch oven, I guess I should go! Just booked site 97! Quick question, John, is this going to replace the normal Summer Rally or are you still planning on hosting that this year in addition to this one? Is it spring yet?

4. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Pat, not having a summer rally , thinking that i,ll let you and Rob run with yours this year

5. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

after having a dutch oven meeting in January, to discuss upcoming events for 2018, and for better interest, we deciced to move this event to Ohioplye State Park this weekend.

Salandrew likes this.
  6. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

still working on a exact location where we will be setting up the cookout, TBA (probally at a close pavillion to the campground ) and we are booking sites at ohioplyle state park kentuck campground for this dutch oven gathering, with a friday night meet and greet dinner, so far we have 4 sites booked in the cherry lane loop, but alot of sites throughout the park thou. i just booked site 32 for this event . if intersted, dont hesitate as campground fills fast

Salandrew likes this.
  7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

We will be setting up the dutch oven demo and dog next to the amphitheater .by the campground. Samples given out noon until 3pm and dinner for all the chefs on the table by 4

phager76 and Salandrew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.