Lazy Woman's Shelf Mod For a Tiny Trailer

apopkabob

May 8, 2012
i am going to give that one a try. Our only pantry in the pup is the cabinet below the seat gets old haveing to open that up every time we want to make coffee or get a snack etc.

catmanblue

Only thing better then fishin is campin and fishin
Nov 2, 2012
Really like you mod. [MOD] It looks so simple but yet so practical. This is going to be my next project for sure. :)

campergirl82

Feb 4, 2013
I was just browsing thru and the subject caught my eye lol! Looks awesome and think this is going to be one of my 1st projects once it warms up!!

Feb 4, 2013
I made the same shelves...i used the shower cap ends and just tapped them into the roof and can still swivel them around to lock the rods in place. I also put a spacer nut in the track so i can still collapse my rods down for storage. This was my first mod. Loved it. I then got the pocketed shower curtains and halved it and hung on bunk ends...they even came with shower curtain rings. Mine stay up on rod so i get shadow protection too..

threecampers

Oct 27, 2012
I like that idea. We've been looking around at different things and my husband is set on the canvas pantry you buy from the dealer. I think something like yours would probably hold more. [8D]Again nice job.

Bjune

Oct 27, 2010
Lazy Woman has a durn good workin brain. I like that. We sure could use that idea. Thanks

CoxClan

Aug 15, 2011
Greenwood, IN
This might be my favorite mod so far.....I need two of these! Although the second one could probably do with another shelf at least, since that cabinet is so much shorter than my sink. Thanks for sharing!

Suzicnm

Apr 15, 2018
I have a 1991 Coleman Newport which is pretty small on the interior, and I've wanted to do the shelf mod for a while. I was at Lowe's and was inspired by what I saw, so I whipped the shelf mod together with stock supplies - no cutting down of anything and it came together very quickly. I saw a 4-pack of 'chair tips' (look like crutch tips) and added those to the ends of the shower pole. They hold the unit very well against the roof. In addition, I used a Rubbermaid Homefree Series '2 add-on shelf' package for supplies; it contained 2 shelves and supports, so no hardware went to waste. I'm really pleased with the results!

Supplies:

179994_4392642412830_29509080_n.jpg

Finished product:

600975_4392645012895_1509511192_n.jpg
I know this is an old post, but the photos don't show up? Any way you can post them again? Thanks!!

p

Super Active Member
Jun 9, 2014
Alberta
I used this in place of the hanging material shelf that trailers come with this....

Materials...

4 simple, small chains...2 feet x 4
Two wire shelves approx 3 feet long each
8 snap clip fasteners

The two shelves are suspended from the ceiling via the chains. They can be easily set up and taken down and simply sit on the floor during travel.

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
I know this is an old post, but the photos don't show up? Any way you can post them again? Thanks!!

I'm not the OP, but here is my lazy woman's shelf mod. I don't even take it apart. It travels on it's side in front of the dinette. I got the shelf at Walmart and the baskets that hang on the side from Target. Obviously, we don't use the indoor stove.

qFcEieL.jpg