Leaf Spring Repair

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by nickcrohn, Aug 15, 2019.

1. nickcrohn

nickcrohn New Member

Okay so you all ready for a fun one?

On our way home today from a camping trip the leaf spring snapped on our 2003 Starcraft 2406 trailer... over 100 miles from home. We got it towed to Globe, AZ, the closest town. Transporting it back to Chandler isn't going to be cost effective, and I don't have access to the trailer to find out what leaf spring I need.

I'm hoping someone who has an '03 Starcraft 2406 can help me out with figuring out what I need to purchase. Or maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I'm capable of repairing the trailer once I know what to buy.

2. Andy G.

Andy G. Member

Take a look at Dexter Axle. They built the axles on these Starcrafts.
    www.dexteraxle.com

Andy

3. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

how fun - we were in Idaho waiting for Fox's Trailers to open on the chance that they stock leaf springs for our stranded Aliner - after one leaf snapped its eye-end off. I can fix it easily, I just need a new pair of springs. In my case for a 2,000 Lb axle. (1.75" wide with eye centers about 21" apart) - finally got new springs from Pohl Spring Works in Spokane WA; roadside replacement went smoothly (we had to buy jackstands and a few sockets, from Home Depot)

BTW - the broken leaf spring was a Dexter 2717 - most likely original from circa 2003. I replaced both springs, and will keep the unbroken spring in the Aliner as an on-site spare part.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019