Leak at top of bunk door when open

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by RugerRedhawk, Aug 15, 2019.

1. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

2013 StarCraft travelstar. Just in a heavy storm and noticed a small drip coming from the screw in the center of this photo: https://imgur.com/wnJ7pBv
    Anyone run into this same leak in the past? Not sure what exactly would be the culprit. This camper is in excellent condition I don't want to let this go and become a big problem!

2. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

What is directly outside of that area? Also, are you sure it wasn't just condensation from the storms humidity?

3. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 8:50 AM
  4. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

Yeah definitely not condensation in this case, we can get condensation when cooped up during prolonged rain, but this exact leak happens only when there is a heavy downpour. I think it's where the canvas is attached to the opening. There is a gutter like channel that goes all around the top of the exterior of the door and that appears to be in great condition with good caulk. I can try to get a pic of the outside too.

The screws you see go through some kind of clear plastic tube, not exactly sure how it's supposed to be sealed up or what to replace!

5. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Check around your antenna too. Water will go to the least restrictive point.

6. RugerRedhawk

RugerRedhawk Member

I'm going to have to just go around with a hose and use trial and error with my wife watching for the leak. I really don't think it's coming from anywhere on the roof, but I'll work my way around until I track it down I suppose.