leaking cassette toilet

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by Mad Mac, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Mad Mac

Mad Mac New Member

Friends
    New to the pop up but have been researching and watching utube on my cassette toilet. I have a thetford 402c that seems to have started to leak. I think it is the gasket on the cassette but want to know if I should look elsewhere. It only leaks when flushed. is there any other seal between the toilet bowl and cassette?

2. Negativez0

Negativez0 New Member

Try some Thetford seal lubricant on the toilet seal first before digging into the problem too far.

HappyTraveler likes this.
  3. CajunMan

CajunMan Member

Make sure the slide is opening

4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Just fixed the same problem on our C2 leaking onto the top of the cassette onto the floor. A new seal for the cassette fixed it for us. The new one is quite tight and needs a dab of lubricant at the start on each outing. DO NOT use petroleum based lubricants per Thetford website. On the C2 there is a hose from the pump to the nozzle in the bowl, but it is inside the flush water storage tank. I see no way it could leak into the camper.

5. Mad Mac

Mad Mac New Member

thank you all i will start with the lube then go to the new seal

6. Adam&Eve

Adam&Eve New Member

We got a new to us 2008 a couple weeks ago, had the same issue. With valve closed bowl would not hold water, leaking at the seal. Some non-petroleum based o-ring lube helped, but then it started leaking again mid trip Labor Day weekend... anyhow, same toilet, 402C, so I’ll save you some time as I had trouble finding someone with the seal in stock. Check out AAAUTOSTORE.com, Thetford part number 33361. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow, biggest downside is shipping is as much as the damn seal, but still only About $20 all in.

BillyMc likes this.