Leaks! Help!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by andosfauxtos, Nov 26, 2019.

1. andosfauxtos

andosfauxtos Member

I spent most of yesterday trying to repair cracks in the plastic right behind the lid of the storage box on my '99 Coleman Nevada before the rain started today.

Well I just checked it and apparently I didn't do a good job. Still leaking. Any ideas what I can do while it's wet to at least mitigate the leaks? It's supposed to rain the next several days here.

I've never done anything like this before, so I'm sure I didn't use the best solution (fiber tape mostly).

Help!

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Tarp it.

Rik Peery likes this.
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Yes trap it for now. The frame work of the front wall is most likely failing. This will cause the hinge area of the lid to sag and cause leaks.

4. andosfauxtos

andosfauxtos Member

Tarp applied. File this under things I wish I checked better before I bought it.

Going forward, what's a good solution? That one inch or so area behind the lid hinge is really cracked. I was going to do actual fiberglass repair but I was afraid it would gum up the hinge and maybe seize it shut once it cured. There's not a lot of room to work in there.

5. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

We need a picture(s) of the area in question. Assume you would remove the lid and hinge before the repair is done. This would give you more room to work and protect the hinge from damage.