Leaky water/sink

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by jmcelvoy, Apr 5, 2016.

1. jmcelvoy

jmcelvoy Member

We took our 2008 Jayco PUP 1006 camper out this weekend for the first time this year. I thought I had fixed the sink before putting it up last year, but it ended up leaking still. The original pvc piece that goes from the sink hot water knob to the water line broke last year and I was not able to find the exact replacement. I found something I thought would work, but it still leaks. In the picture, the attachment without the metal connector is the one that leaks. Can anyone let me know how I can find this exact part? My other thought is that we don't use the hot water heater, so I can simply cap this line under our seat and that should be good enough. Is that a good/bad idea?

Attached Files:

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Why not use a small hose clamp ?

3. Tyreguy

Tyreguy Member

If you want the exact Jayco part, call them! I found their parts department people very helpful. Be prepared with your VIN# and a good description of the part you need. Now, they won't sell to you directly, but they will locate your closest dealer to ship the part(s) to so you can make your purchase.

Hope this helps!

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Where exactly is it leaking? Provided all your connections are tight that setup should work fine. Did you use teflon tape on the threads?

5. Timetocamp91

Timetocamp91 New Member

Get a pvc 90* threaded on one end to the sink and barbed on the other. Small hose clamp and kaboom your good. Don't tighten the hose clamp to tight, might crack the plastic...
    Hope this helps

6. jmcelvoy

jmcelvoy Member

It's leaking from the threads. I'm tempted to grind off the threads and try to just use a tube and a metal clamp.