Leaving 7/28 and so excited..

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by hoosier_gal, Jul 20, 2013.

1. hoosier_gal

hoosier_gal New Member

We just bought a new- to-us Jayco 97 Starcraft in excellent condition and we are so excited to take her on her maiden voyage next Sunday to the Mammoth Cave Kentucky area. We're staying at Jellystone park and the kids are looking forward to the activities.

I haven't been camping in a pup for about 5 years so I have a lot of planning and research to do. I hope this is the first of many trips in our new pup. We'll be bringing the pup home next Wed and I cant wait to start packing.
    Theresa

2. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip and make many lasting happy memories.

3. candleems

candleems Member

Remember, you aren't perfect, you won't remember everything. Things go wrong, it's ok. Laugh it off if possible, don't take it out on your family. The next trip you will do better.

4. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Looking forward to hearing about your adventure. Happy Camping!

5. chrismarques

chrismarques New Member

Hope you had a great time. We were just there sat-tues got back tonight. Maybe we saw you there.

6. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

I hope your having a great time :)

7. IGYPup

IGYPup New Member

have fun

8. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

Sounds like a great plan! Bring home some pictures to share :)

9. hoosier_gal

hoosier_gal New Member

We started out on Sunday and thankfully, the trip down to Jellystone Mammoth Cave was pretty non-eventful.

We just got back late this afternoon and I have to say it was a pretty great trip. The n2u pup was perfect for our needs. My hubby is 6'6" and remarked several times about how comfortable the beds were. The slide out gave our family more than enough room to lounge around in and had plenty of room for 3 dogs too.

We had one minor mishap putting the canopy up when we got there. The poles have a little plastic piece that inserts into a hole on th the rod and one of them broke off. We were still able to use it though and hopefully I can find this replacement.

We had a great, relaxing trip and the cg had so much to do. The only downside was the construction almost NEXT door to our site. We considered moving to another site but didn't want to tear down and set up. When it's done, I think the new pool will be a great addition.

The kids loved the water slide, pool and organized crafts and games. We enjoyed playing kickball, sponge dodge ball ball and hanging out.

The kids are already planning their next adventure and want to go to the smokies next summer.

I did wander through the cc wondering if anyone from the pup portal was camping so it's cool to find out out that there was.

We're thinking about another trip over labor day but want to keep it close to home. Maybe Brown County State Park or near Lake Monroe.

I'll post some pics after we reload.

10. hoosier_gal

hoosier_gal New Member

Also meant to add that we had a scary incident on the way home. Dh had 2 semis on either side of him and he accelerated to try to get past them, the pup started swaying. It was about 45 seconds of white knuckle terror (on my part at least) but he kept calm and got the situation under control. I think it was a result of the drafts from the semis and the acceleration but he said he will definitely keep it under 60 from now on.

11. chrismarques

chrismarques New Member

Glad you had a great time! We were in site 24 also close to the construction. Ours was the second to last aisle the second site from the top of the hill. I'll have a few pics here soon.
    Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. hoosier_gal

hoosier_gal New Member

13. hoosier_gal

hoosier_gal New Member

14. gapopup

gapopup New Member

Looks like you guys had fun. We stayed at the jellystone in/around the smokies and the kids loved it and their pool is already done so no construction. :)

15. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

I'm glad you had a great time!
    If your pup starts swaying, manually activate the trailer brakes if you have them. They'll pull the trailer straight and help you slow down.

16. chrismarques

chrismarques New Member

Just going through some pics from our trip. Any chance this is your PUP in the background? Noticed it in the background of one of my campsite pics.... It would be the last row of sites at the top of the hill where they are building the pool and cabins.
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of our site
    [​IMG]

17. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Sounds like you all had a great time. Do you have a StarCraft? It doesn't say what you have in your tag line, but that interior looks exactly like the StarCraft we once had. Nice!

18. cztardust

cztardust Active Member

I see you got the pup out the gate! Looks like you all had a great time and got some great memories on film! Very good!