LED TV install in Coleman Santa Fe, pics inside

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by brockeverly, Nov 6, 2011.

1. brockeverly

brockeverly Member

I finally found a mounting solution for the 19" LED TV in our 2011 Santa Fe Cp. I picked up a Rocketfish under cabinet mount and flipped the TV to mount hardware on it to make it work. For those interested in the mount, the part number is RF-TVMUC01 and a link is below:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+Under-Cabinet+Mount+For+Most+13%22+-+22%22+Flat-Panel+TVs+-+Black/9881886.p?id=1218190733681&skuId=9881886&st=cabinet%20mount&cp=1&lp=1

First I slid in the back bed and put the mount up against the back of the bed to verify fitment. Next I slid the front bed in to be sure that I had enough clearance. I had enough room to get a finger in front and back of the mount so I marked the mounting holes. I drilled a hole slightly larger than the hardware and installed it (sorry, forgot to take pics of the hardware :/ ). I have yet to check the height vs the roof when closed up, but if there is an issue I can have the whole mount out in a matter of seconds so it is no big deal.

TTIWWOP soooo, here ya go!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. brockeverly

brockeverly Member

Camped the first night with this setup and it works great. Cleared the ceiling with room to spare as I thought.

3. freenaz

freenaz Member

Looks nice, clean install What do you use for an antenna?

4. brockeverly

brockeverly Member

Thank you! I use a Dish Network Tailgater

5. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

Nice job it does not get in the way of the canvas when the top is down ?

6. brockeverly

brockeverly Member

Not really, it is only about an inch higher than the bed so the blankets I leave on cover it up. Being right next to the door there is not much in the way of canvas there anyway. I can actually still spin it with the top all the way down so there is a bit of clearance there.

7. brockeverly

brockeverly Member

Just popped up to let it dry out, put her away wet this morning [{:)]

Checked out the canvas and the roof for any signs of rubbing, sure enough, there are small marks. I will be taking the mount off for trips as this trip was only 15 miles each way and showed signs. We normally go 150+ miles.

8. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

It good that you look at it again before it did did rub a hole in the roof or canvas.

9. robctry69

robctry69 New Member

good thing you checked it saved yourself a big headache

10. brockeverly

brockeverly Member

Yes it is. I do not think it was rubbing enough to worry about, it is mainly color from the blankets transferred onto the vinyl. Either way, glad I checked.