LED's For Replacement Bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by Weewilly, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Weewilly

Weewilly Member

What bulbs are used in a 2009 Coleman Santa Fe pop up and what would be a correct replacement for switching to LED type.
    Would prefer a link to amazon .com or .ca for replacement bulbs but anywhere else as second choice would be appreciated ..
    Two light fixtures with two bulbs in each one .

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Active Member

Pull out the bulbs you are interested in replacing and check for the bulb number. It should be stamped. A replacement from Amazon should be easy to find.

3. Weewilly

Weewilly Member

Thanks for that , I have not had the top up for a couple weeks and was hoping to not have to until I have the replacement bulbs in hand . Going camping toward end of next week and being a amazon Prime member I could have them here by then.
    Hopefully someone with the same make and model will know the number of them.
    If not I will open it up and check that way and be good for the camping trip after that .

4. tsc

tsc Member

I'm not sure if Coleman/Fleetwood changed light fixtures over the years.

But this is what I got recently for my '09 Utah

These were for the outside porch light, inside lights and the light/fan combo. (I got them in 2 days via Amazon prime). They are fairly bright, and when I plugged them in 180 degrees they still worked (some LED's are sensitive to polarity, or something like that)

https://www.amazon.ca/XCSOURCE-10pcs-5050LED-Signal-MA241/dp/B013QKZB2C/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cp_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A1JFSEQAPY6PJ77G0Q89

This was for the front storage box light. They only work one way and it came from a "slow boat from China". Literally, it took about 3.5 weeks to deliver to Ontario (or as I affectionately call it On-terrible) and it was postmarked Guangzhou China. They only worked one way--not sure if that's a sign of quality or what. But for the prices I paid for both, I'm not really caring.... Unless it causes me to have a "fire sale" lol

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D6IS6AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Active Member

6. Weewilly

Weewilly Member

Thanks for the replies .
    TSC, it looks like these type bulbs cover a lot if different base numbers. Sure don't need a ten pack like you showed . I just need 4 interior and one exterior .Possibly could get by with a 4 pack and forget exterior but if it jumps to six pack then I would go for that and change them all and have a spare .
    I will do some searching for a smaller quantity .

MileHigh .
    The ones you suggests come up as no longer available but thanks for the thought . .

7. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

8. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I bought the round 1156 style for my TT last year. I got them from an eBay vendor for about $1.50 each. I have been very pleased with them.

9. tsc

tsc Member

10. xxxapache

Mine are definitely a Chinese product. I liked them so much that I bought a supply of the 1156 and 1157 style to start putting in my vehicles.

11. Weewilly

Weewilly Member

12. sea-piner

sea-piner Member

Something funny, i thought i would share: I read somewhere (it was probably here) that, "incandescent bulbs are heaters that happen to produce light."

I changed all mine to LED--camping world was very helpful (for once :) ). The difference takes some getting use to, but when you think of 1/7th the electric usage (don't quote me on that--from memory and my wife will tell y0ou that is not accurate), they look great.

13. Customer

Never said they weren't, I said they ship from the USA. You don't have to wait 8 weeks for the slow boat to deliver them.

I hope you were wanting mood lighting. The 120 lumen LED you ordered are going to look mighty dim compared to the 300 to 400 lumen incandescent lamps you are removing.

You will also find "natural white" to be 'cold' or more in the blue spectrum than incandescent which are 'warm' or more in the red spectrum.

I only buy warm white LED and they must have MORE lumen than the incandescent lamps they are replacing.

14. Weewilly

Weewilly Member

Well now this is getting more confusing all the time.

After reading your message I was lucky enough to cancel my order just in time..
    After that I had to go to the city for medical reasons. While there I went into a big RV dealer and he had a big panel on the wall with switches to show the brilliance of the various kinds . The bright white was too much glare . The "cool" was the brightest of the other couple choices and he said they sell 95% "cool" ones and therefore only had one left in stock .
    No luminescence rating on any of them but said they all show exactly as shown on his display panel .

I sure hope someone can show a link from amazon as to what I need . I want as bright or brighter than my incandescent ones and I only need five but will be willing to buy some extra if they are in a close enough package amount.
    Oh yes , he said it is highly likely they will be #1156 but I am going to take one out to double check

15. xxxapache

Your RV interior lighting probably has 1141. A 1156 has the same base, but is much hotter. People putting 1156 bulbs in camper lights instead of 1141 bulbs is why you see so many used campers with melted light covers.

16. Weewilly

Weewilly Member

Thanks for that information . Curiosity was getting to me so I just now popped up the top in order to get at the interior lights and I am glad I did because they are 1156 inside . Then I checked the one outside light and it is 1141.
    So you are saying they should all be changed to 1141 ? or does it matter all that much with the cooler running LED lights.
    At least I know now what I have and if anyone can find the right bulbs for me on amazon before I do I would be very grateful .

17. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

18. Weewilly

Weewilly Member

19. Customer

Cool white and natural white does appear brighter than warm white. However over time warm white is more comfortable on the eyes and won't make everyone look like they have been sick for months. Everyone looks pale under cool white because of the blue spectrum. Incandescent light is closest to mimicking sunlight because it is warm/red. Warm white LEDs are closest to incandescent.

Many sellers don't tell the lumen output. I won't buy from a seller that does not provide either the lumen, the chip size, or both. A company selling a quality product will be happy to tell you exactly what you are getting. Sometimes you have to do detective work by comparing the type of LED and the number.

The chips you will see most often are;
    3528 @ 6-8lm each
    5050 @ 16-22lm each
    5630 @ 45-50lm each

multiply the number of chips to get the lm (lumen)

Hint - a 5050 LED chip is 5.0mm x 5.0mm

Here is a site with some good info;
    http://heracolights.com/2014/03/10/3528-vs-5050-vs-5630-led-smd-diodes/

Like I said earlier, I believe the flat panels are superior to the round lamp type LED.

The eBay link I provided earlier is for 24 count 5630 LED panels. They come with every adapter you are likely to need for whatever type of lamp you have now. I recently ordered 20 of them and am very happy with them. How well they hold up over time is yet unknown.

The first LED panels I bought several years back were $22 each. The last ones I bought were under $2 each. WOW, the price has dropped as the competition heats up.

20. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

The bulb it's replacing has a lumen spec. They should be equivalent. From China, who knows.