Let's get this party started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ronnie, Oct 28, 2015.

1. ronnie

ronnie Member

Was given the go ahead from DW to buy a air conditioner. Search on, well got a flier in the mail with a sale price on a dometic (13500btu)$391 plus $ 125 shipping plus another $ 135 for the ceiling assembly. So called up my local rv deal who has helped me out on products a few times already and worked with me to mach the prices. He tells me he can do it for $699, i am like WHAT THE HECK. So asked if he could help me out, "no" BUT he has a Advent (15000 btu) sitting there (regular price $856.39 plug $ 84.39 for the ceiling assembly) and I can have it for $399 including the ceiling assembly , SOLD. SCORE....

Time to install this baby...

From all the posts about not walking on the roof I used a platform to help not to put to much weight on the roof.

[​IMG]

next was to remove the roof vent, I was really worried if I was going to find water damage, but the wood was dry and very clean, I also learned how thick the roof was and the wiring.

Removing the roof vent was stuck down really well which helped keeping water out..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the new baby placed no the roof, fits perfectly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I did not want to fully raise the roof so i crawled in. Here is the cutout with electrical hanging down.
    [​IMG]

The base plate installed, I used an impact driver to run the bolts in "dang things are way to long" lol
    [​IMG]

New ceiling assembly installed.
    [​IMG]

Now to finish the wiring later this week.. Will post pics

2. RFryer

RFryer Hopkinton, MA

Nice mods! It doesn't seem too bad adding a rooftop AC should the need ever come.

3. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Best part is that you already had a hole in the roof for the vent!!! Makes it that much easier... [;)]

4. ronnie

ronnie Member

ooops I previously did not add the picture of the sink and new cabinet setup,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also forgot to post grey water tank hooked up to the camper, well here it is, we love using our sink now that the water drains ASAP and with its little sink strainer no junk gets into the tank..
    [​IMG]

Here you see the grey tank sitting nicely under the slide. Now that I have an AC I wait for the water to run off the roof and use a pool noodle as a gutter.
    [​IMG]

Thanks to a previous post about adding reflux to the bunk windows, they made the popup very dark and a whole lot cooler...
    [​IMG]

I am not sure why the popup gizmo is so much longer than the bunk..
    [​IMG]

Here is my shelving mod, I did use the wire shelving from home depot, but i add a corian counter top, so it was nice and smooth and a few hooks keeps everything nice and organized
    [​IMG]

Here is my setup, although not completely all set up i took some time to relax.
    [​IMG]

5. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Lookin good

6. DFire2

DFire2 Active Member

What is the other small door for? Under the outside counter...

7. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Cassette toilet access....