Lets see your party lights thread (not sure if there called that anymore..)

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by Backtonature, Nov 13, 2020.

1. EdinMI

EdinMI New Member

And the Gnats and bugs!

2. Heidi Zimmer-Koschnick

Heidi Zimmer-Koschnick USMC Heidi Silver Supporting Member

There is NO SUCH THING as "Over the Top"... I love walking around campsites to look at everyone's light set up. It is the best thing (to me) about camping... On my last trip, it was kind of crappy out so I didn't go "ALL OUT" like I usually do. so here is a photo of the lights I used for that trip. PS. I am always on the look out for the Battery Operated light sets so if anyone knows where there is a selection of these types, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.. I have looked at Wal-mart, and not a great selection of the Battery ones... I also went to Menards and the same situation there too.

Attached Files:

EdinMI likes this.
  3. EdinMI

EdinMI New Member

Your lights look Great, and are not going to be used by any 747 looking for a place to land.

4. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

The LED light strips on our awning arms are so bright it hurts my eyes, so I very rarely use them. Plus they attract every insect from a 5 mile radius.
    I usually end up hanging my little red lanterns around the edge of my Rubbermaid table with spring clips. Makes it easier to put the awning away if the winds kick up suddenly.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I used a TeensyLC to run the lights and animations. But used an Arduino ProMini to receive the IR remote commands. I built a 6-bit parallel interface between them with a ready/ack handshake so I don't need to involve interrupts.