Level roof issues... Going crazy.

Faced

Apr 29, 2012
Get some wood on there STAT!!
Not much you can do out at the camp site, however once you are home you can shorten that cable and get some of those clamps that are on the others to hold it together.

Enjoy the campfire, its too wet out here to have one :(

CamperJenn

Dec 18, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Faced said:
Get some wood on there STAT!!
Not much you can do out at the camp site, however once you are home you can shorten that cable and get some of those clamps that are on the others to hold it together.

Enjoy the campfire, its too wet out here to have one :(

I will try what you've mentioned this week...
The pup is going to Michigan next weekend... I would love it working better!

Fire is alive!!
Was supposed to storm tonight, thankfully it won't anymore because my black lab has extreme fear that will make him seize.

8e8e2uzu.jpg

Faced

Apr 29, 2012
As i said, to keep the door in good shape, get a 1x2 board and use it on the inside to prop up the roof, temporally of course :)

CamperJenn

Dec 18, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Faced said:
As i said, to keep the door in good shape, get a 1x2 board and use it on the inside to prop up the roof, temporally of course :)

The roof is being leveled today!

Just got home from Michigan last night, and I really hated the unleveled roof...
So pups been emptied and its being leveled now.

johndi

Jul 12, 2013
Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and it seem pretty helpful. I purchased the trailer to basically get off the ground and I wanted to try this trailer before I went to something different and so far I have no reason to go to anything else this one is pretty much loaded for its year.

Just a few question on adjusting the height of the roof on my 79 Lionel it has the same crank system as the one in this thread.

I broke a cable on the back right and then I had to replace the cable on the back left as well :-(. It is turning out to be a nightmare adjusting the roof height. I have decided to only adjust the two rear cables to match the two front ones since these two front cables are good and do not need replacing.

What is the max difference in height from the highest to the l lowest corner. I am taking the measurements at 3 ft from the rear (drivers side) post to do all my measurements from. I use this corner every time I lift it to 3 ft to compare to the other 3.

I have sort of a diagram below of the heights at each corner.

Right now when I did my last lift the rear (or drivers side) is at 36 inches exactly.

35 5/8 36 0/8

Door

35 3/8 36 5/8

Hitch

The max height difference is 1 1/4 inches on the two front posts which is odd since they are usually the same with in about 1/4. I am at the max adjustments for the rear so I cannot make the rear go any higher compared to the front at this point with out adjust thing the cables themselves again. :-(

If I have to adjust the cables and heights again is there a thread that suggests the best way to do this without pulling my hair out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John