LevelMate Pro or Woblr?

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by William Freeman, Oct 7, 2019.

1. William Freeman

William Freeman Active Member

I don't really have a big problem leveling my Coleman HW, but convenience is almost irresistible to me! I hated getting in and out of the truck when hitching up a trailer, so I bought and installed a Hopkins Smart hitch backup camera last year - saves me a ton of getting in and out of the truck while hitching up solo. I has performed flawlessly. The only complaint I have is the sun melted the adhesive on the mounting base and it won't stay attached to the windshield.

So during the camping trip this weekend, I decided I needed to buy either the Anderson or Camco curved leveler to ease in leveling. I've read the good and bad reviews, but have decided to buy one anyway. At the bottom of the Amazon description page, I saw a picture of The LevelMate Pro. Down another rabbit hole!

The LevelMate Pro looks great, but it is $140, The Woblr does the same things, but costs $89. The Woblr doesn't look as refined as the LevelMate Pro as far as the app is concerned. The Woblr claims to be made in Florida - the LM Pro doesn't say, so I am guessing China.

So, can anyone make a recommendation on one of these? Any good or bad experiences? I have also read the comments on both, and as you can guess, there is good and bad on both.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

A set of levels (the glass levels with the bubble) would be a lot cheaper.

durhamcamper and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I think , your over thinking it! I did buy the curved levelers for my TT. For the pup i used a step chock and a level. Levels dont break that easy, electrical stuff i never have luck with.

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I agree, cheap stick on levels and a 2 foot carpenters level are much much cheaper and have been around working for decades.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I have a stick on level on the front of my TT that I can see from my TV. I pull up on my Anderson levelers until level and get out and chock.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. William Freeman

Yeah, I have the stick on levels AND LEGO blocks. Both work great and are fairly quick to use. I'm (sortof) a techie and love gadgets that make my life easier. I know, I know - low tech is cheap and foolproof. I probably SHOULD stick with what I have, but the gadgets are calling, LOL.

I also found this cheap($16) Hopkins level that you can see from the driver's seat - not quite as techie, but would still allow you to level front to rear (using the Anderson leveler) without getting out of the vehicle.

7. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

I have the Andersen. It works best on hard ground. If you try to use it on soft ground it tends to sink in.

Sometimes it's just easier to use a plank of wood.

Raycfe and Sjm9911 like this.
  8. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

I have the Camco curved leveler and was able to snag one of the Hopkins Smart-Level for $8 on Amazon. The level lost its calibration between installing it and getting to the first campground, so I had to rely on the classic stick on level. That said, the Hopkins was still nice as a frame of reference visible from the mirror. The bubble level showed that I needed to raise about 2”, so I just backed up till the Hopkins showed I was 2 bars out of level. Prior to that I would have to just guess how much I had lifted it and still get out to check the bubble level.

I need to troubleshoot the level to see if maybe that was just a fluke or if it’s going to be an ongoing issue.

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Our camper came with a Hopkins level, must be an older type. You can mark were the camper needs to be hitched up, etc. Mounts on side of camper and flips out to be seen easier .......... so much play in the cheap plastic it is worthless.

10. William Freeman

I went ahead and bought the Camco curved leveler and the Hopkins smart level. $45 total, delivered in 2 days through Amazon - figured what the hell! I leveled the camper, installed the level with screws, reset it and pulled up on the Camco leveler until the green flashed. Pulled up a little more, put in park and set the park brakes. Got out, installed the levels chock and chick on the other side. Got back in the truck, released the park brakes - still solid green lights. Got out and checked with the 4' level and it was dead on. Checked front to rear and adjusted with the tongue jack until I got steady green lights. Took 2 min by myself including chocks!

So far, I'm happy with it. I left the stick on bubble levels on for reference in case it loses its calibration on the first couple of trips.

Maybe, if the cheap one works good enough , I won't feel the "need or urge" to upgrade to the Bluetooth one, lol.
    IMG_20191010_133900_01.jpg IMG_20191010_133900_02.jpg IMG_20191010_133916_01.jpg

Rusty2192 and Sjm9911 like this.