Levi Jackson

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by JbirdsChick, Aug 3, 2015.

1. JbirdsChick

JbirdsChick One Big Bird, his Chick, and 2 Hatchlings

We will be camping our first "holiday" extended weekend here to end the summer with a bang. Anyone got a review of this one to provide? Suggestions for a good site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. JbirdsChick

[​IMG]

Site: I-003
    Pros: Lots of shade and plenty of room.
    Cons: water and electric is on the opposite side of the site and is shared with I-001. Camp host helped us get pulled in backwards so hookups were on the same side. I will watch for this next time before reserving.

Research your sites well. Layouts can be awkward on certain sites. Campground was clean. Camp hostesses were very friendly and super helpful. Staff was always around and saw park rangers patrol regularly and greeting campers.

[​IMG]

Pool was clean and large. Kids loved the slides.

We would definitely recommend and return here for future visits.

4 [emoji294]️'s

3. JbirdsChick

Booked site G-002 for Labor Day 2017

4. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

My kids and I stayed there 2 years ago and tent camped. It was the same time as their campground yard sale and it was miserable to say the least. Junk everywhere, on almost every campsite. Traffic was horrible. We had one neighbor site up until the wee hours of the morning playing music and being very loud even after I asked them to quiet down. The other neighbor site lost their 4 year old child at 10:30 PM. I happened to find him up at the restrooms and brought him back with me to their site. They had no idea he was missing. Yeah, not a good experience and we didn't stay the second night. However, minus the yard sale and the neighbors it would have been a fairly decent campground. My kids loved the trails, the mill and the pool.

JbirdsChick likes this.
  5. JbirdsChick

Oh my... I have been lucky in my years of camping and not really had any bad experiences to report. That one is a doozie.

I posted on Facebook as a status update that after a "challenging setup" we were all settled in, the next thing I know a pallet of free firewood was dropped off at our site courtesy of Assistant Director Rec. Parks & Historical Sites for KY state parks. She went to high school with my husband and saw my post since he was tagged. She is an outstanding lady and if anyone ever has issues in a state park, I have found that it is best to let them know so they can make improvements.

IMG_1323.PNG

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017