Life's Unexpected Curves

Discussion in 'Camping for the Medically/Physically Challenged' started by PattieAM, Jun 25, 2012.

1. PattieAM

PattieAM New Member

It's been ages since I've posted here. 2004, was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and have suffered pain and nodules, as well as weakness and exhaustion. That was when i decided to give up tent camping, and bought a 2006 Fleetwood Niagara. 2007 I broke my right arm and leg, and I continued to camp in my PUP once out of casts/splints. This year, x-rays show the RA nodule to have developed in organs (lungs, pancreas), and I've been in/out of the hospital 3 times for breathing issues. Biopsy's done and 3 of 4 inconclusive, 1 came back cancer - am currently undergoing Chemotherapy every 21 days. My PUp is set up here at the house, and I've been living in it as all essentials are close. My respiration is much better 9even before Chemo, and I am starting to get back into household chores, yard chores. I am hoping to actually take the PUP and make a trip in July/August. My sanity has been saved by the PUP - I can't imagine being housebound, and I do pretend to be elsewhere when I'm in the PUP. So nice to wake to my resident Eagles and Ospreys chattering every morning - I'd never hear them from in the house.

My weakness is an issue, but I feel I am getting stronger. I've had no ill effects from the Chemo (yet), other than the 3rd day out exhaustion and the Chemo Brain fog. i have to be very careful of my glucose levels now that I'm on super steroids 3 days a month. But I have no fear that I can make a camping trip close to home. Ain't life a PIP?!

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Pattie - I am lifting you up in prayer. Your positive attitude will carry you far thru your recovery :) God Bless You!

3. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

Pattie, you're a brave soul...may God bless you and keep you! [;)]

4. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

God Bless Pattie! Im glad the pup gives you some peace.

Sharon

5. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

Pattie, that is taking a negative and turning it into positive. Lifting prayers for your continued improving health [CP]

6. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

Patty,
    Prayers will be said for you in Oklahoma, too. I'm inspired by your attitude during adversity.

7. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

Saying prayers for you also, and I too admire your spirit. I know first hand how hard it is t keep you chin up and seem to have been doing just that.

8. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Totally agree, Pattie! Our prayers for strength and healing are with you.

9. zjrog

zjrog Member

Prayers out to you. We struggle as well, but hope things turn around for you.

10. disneysandi

disneysandi New Member

I have RA as well. Not nearly as severe as yours, nor do I have the other issues. It is rough. I also try not to let it keep me from being active.

I pray that you get back to the things you love as quickly as possible. Your attitude will make sure of that.

11. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

You are truly an inspiration to me. I cut out your post and saved it to a special folder I have of special things and people. Thanks for sharing.

12. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Lifting prayers up for you Patty. Pray you have peace and comfort during these days.

13. singledad

singledad New Member

Patti, gonna lift you up in prayer, and I hope your spirit and soul stays strong through all the challenages. May GOD bless you and keep you strong.