Lift arm adjustment and safety poles.

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
One of my four lift arms is out of adjustment. The front right arm lifts about an inch or two before the other three. So when u place the door in place...there is a larger space (not open) between the door frame and the roof. Looks odd. I read the manual..and it says to place the pin underneat into another hole setting....one of three. How do I know which other hole o put it in? Trial and error or?? Also. would u suggest using safety poles on my unit? Thks!

friartuck

Super Active Member
Nov 1, 2007
Perry, MI
The cables run from the wiffle tree to the corners of the pup, so the cable running to the 'low side' is the one to adjust. IIRC the book says each hole = about 1 inch of travel, so start with the next hole over. [:D]
It really is much simpler than it seems, once you get started.
Your unit doesn't need safety bars, the i piece door acts a safety bar itself. Of course there's no reason NOT to use extra safety bars either.

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
Hey thks...But how would I know which other hole to use? Iam guessing that since the arm is lifting higher than the other three..that it need to be put in the hole to the right..and not the left? [?:~{] So..u just remove the cotter pin and move it to the next hole and just then replace the pin? I know u have to pull the bunk ends out and then lower the top. Thks for the help [:D]

arthuruscg

Super Active Member
Nov 14, 2012
Yep, move the pulley one hole towards the outside of the trailer to increase the lift height, move one hold towards the center of the trailer to reduce the lift height.

Check the "owner's Manual" section at the top of the forum for the real manual on the lift system repair manual.

The distance from the bottom lip of the roof and the top of the box should be between 51"- 52". So, you should raise/lower the roof to get it level/ to the correct height.

The roof does need to be close to the correct height to have the door set into place to act as the safety pole. If the roof is to low or high then the turn buttons will not line up in the slot to hold the door in place.

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
Okay..great..that helps a lot. I see u have the same model....I will chk the height when I raise it, so I know what adjustments need to be made. What have u done maintanence wise to the lift systems as far as lubing the main lift system?

arthuruscg

Super Active Member
Nov 14, 2012
I sprayed down the contact points on the arms and pullies with a dry lube. And greased the whiffle tree screw with wheel bearing grease.

Coleman/ Fleetwood all use the same lift system and it is pretty simple when you see it in action.