Lift arm base cracked/broken? Need advice.

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by SaraJoy, Aug 22, 2019.

1. SaraJoy

SaraJoy New Member

Hi! We are cleaning up a 2007 Fleetwood bayside that had a leak ruin the ceiling. Rest of the pup is a bit neglected but fair.
    Yesterday I greased the wiffletree and cable pulleys so today I popped it to start cleaning canvases.
    Found the attached pic. The front passenger side lift arm base is not sitting right. My question is can I fix this? My guess is that this is a straight to the dealership problem but I'd love some advice from folks more seasoned. Thanks.

2. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Problem is your popup has now been an orphan for 12+ yrs - parts are difficult to find and many dealers will refuse to work on any trailer of this age, particularly when there's no readily available source of parts.

3. SaraJoy

SaraJoy New Member

Haaaaaa you are a ray of sunshine. The fact that the pulley is not straight has me pretty concerned. Need to figure something out.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Can't give you much help, but if you were to take the pressure off the roof and lift are you able to wiggle it in place? To get the pressure off and still some room to work I put bricks next to all four corners and lower the lift on them. Sadly none of my shops want to work on my popup especially for something Coleman/Fleetwood related. So repairs are all on me. [V]

5. SaraJoy

SaraJoy New Member

Thanks, that seems wise. I think I need to permanently adhere it back in place, obviously with something ridiculously strong. My biggest concern is that the pulley is not exactly straight. When my husband gets home from work I'll have a second set of hands and another mind. I think you are on the right track, I was just so frazzled when I saw it I wasnt thinking there are ways to remove the tension in order to repair it.