Lift post covers

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by timo4352, May 22, 2014.

1. timo4352

timo4352 New Member

We bought our'97 Palomino Yearling last fall. Never got to use it before winter set in, but I did have it setup to check it out. Well today I got it out and set it up again. My question is concerning the lift post covers - the 3 sided, U-shaped tubes that fit over the lift posts when they are extended. I only found two in the camper - should I have four - one for each corner post? Or maybe just one on each side - diagonally? As in right/front - left/rear? Or should I be looking to buy two more so I have one on each corner? Thanks for letting me ask my silly newbie question. [::)]

2. camper2009

camper2009 New Member

Two only, installed as you noted..

G

3. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

We were only given when we purchased our 2013 from the dealer last year. So you are good with just 2, and place them diagonally.

4. timo4352

timo4352 New Member

Thank you. That's what I was hoping to hear. [:)C]

5. Rynderz

Rynderz Lifelong Camper

If you have a one piece door - not familiar with your particular pup- then it is also designed to assist in keeping the roof up. [2C]

6. sandyjoeville

sandyjoeville New Member

Our new-to-us 2000 Jayco Qwest 10x camper did not come with any lift post covers. My husband has cut four 1 x 2 pieces of wood and we zip tied them to the lift posts once the top was up on our maiden camping trip this weekend. He is afraid the cable will snap and the roof will come crashing down and squash us. Where is a reliable place to purchase replacement lift post covers? Do I need two or four?

Thanks!

7. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal Sandy! What hubby did is just fine, no need to buy the safety posts, even using wood you are fine. If you feel you need to go with metal you can find something suitable at the hardware store. And you do only need two on a diagonal as described above.

8. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

I do right rear and left front because the door is in the left front to help support. If you need more they are only 14 bucks a piece.