Lift Post Problem -Goshen System

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by 4campers+g-kids, Sep 15, 2015.

1. 4campers+g-kids

4campers+g-kids Member

Has anyone had this issue where the bottom lift post comes up before the middle one?
    When cranking up, the bottom post on one corner will raise up before the middle one. When the bottom post gets to the top that's as far as the roof will go up. I can wiggle the bottom post and get it to drop down, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it takes me 30 minutes to find the right spot so it will drop down.

Here's a picture of the lift post part way up-
    [​IMG]

You can see the bottom post is up and the top post is floating inside it as the middle post is not in place.

Here is the opposite corner where the posts are all coming up like they should-
    [​IMG]

The bottom post is still recessed in the box.

How do you get to where the posts are in the box? I'm guessing it's tear off the wall?

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks!

2. Jimmy the rug

Jimmy the rug New Member

I'd call goshen stamping in Goshen IN, They are very helpful and will explain how to correct the problem

3. rabird

rabird Howdy!

4campers+g-kids

here's me thinking out loud [LOL]

The spring pushes the roof up, the lift posts are just telescopic covers that protect the spring and keep it from bending so the roof stays up, they don't provide support. The top one is attached to the roof and when it is all the way up, it pulls the next one up ...

So what if the spring is catching the bottom of the biggest lift post section, driving it up till it hits some stop? is this an alignment issue at the bottom where the spring turns the corner? Could there be section of the spring that is deformed catching the bottom post? I think I'd try to dislodge it before the bottom posts gets all the way up.

4. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I also agree that you probably have a damaged spring.