Lift problem any ideas...

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Bt6492, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Bt6492

Bt6492 New Member

Trying to see if anyone has had a similar issue. When I go to raise my pop, I noticed that the right side is raised about an inch and a half higher then the left when I have it set up, wondering if anyone has had similar issues and a fix or can steer me in the right direction it’s a 1998 Jayco Eagle 12 UDK

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Start by telling us the make / model / year of camper you have. ;)

3. Bt6492

Bt6492 New Member

Completely forgot that, haha. 1998 Jayco Camper Eagle 12 UDK

4. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Probably not much help, but for Jaycos the lift system is entirely inside the camper inside cabinets etc. Perhaps you can start at the steps and just take a look see if you see anything obvious. Somewhere in the unit are eyehooks that holds all the cables occasionally problems form there or cables slipping off pullies. Just don't force it, or a cable can break. Good luck. For me a cable broke and no one wanted to touch the jayco lift.

6. desertwilde67

desertwilde67 Member

I also have a 98 Jayco 12 UDK! My camper is a franken-camper meaning I can see where many things are not original to my unit. That being said, my roof is higher on the left rather than right side and I need to adjust it so I can properly set the door. Trying to find out how to adjust it to level. I know where the winch I’d and can see the lift system just need to know which cables are which where the attach to the winch. Found your post while looking for my answers

7. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

If your winch is in the curbside front corner ......... remove the step or cabinet that is in the middle of the interior front panel. The four cables connect there and that is the first place to look. You may need a #1 or #2 square drive bit for the screws.
    If your winch is the rear....... remove the rear middle step or cabinet.
    Post what you find. Twisted cables?? open eyebolts, etc????

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Could be the cable just jummped a pully. Check the easy stuff first before dissasembleing and ajusting.

9. Bt6492

Bt6492 New Member

When my Eye bolts stretched out, At the plate where all 4 connect i had this problem. Found some nice re enforced eye bolts online and works great. My issue was the non door side was 1 1/2”-2” lower then the other side. Fixed my problem.