Lift system maintenance

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by drgiese, Mar 25, 2018.

1. drgiese

drgiese Active Member

I bought a PUP last summer and used it just once before the season was over. I'm getting ready to pop it up for the first time this spring and begin maintenance and renovations before a trip in June. I want/need to do some maintenance to the lift system, but I'm not sure what I even need to do. Is there a tutorial/video/set of instructions somewhere? 1998 Jayco Eagle.

2. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

3. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

Duplicate

4. drgiese

drgiese Active Member

5. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

I'm anxious to see your renovations. You probably have the indoor/outdoor stove that fits on the side of your camper like I do. Do you use it, or do you have a camp stove?

6. drgiese

drgiese Active Member

Yes, I have the indooor/outdoor camp stove. I haven't used it yet; I have 2 3-burner Coleman stoves that I use outside. I don't really want to do much cooking inside the pup; I'm leery about cooking smells penetrating the upholstery, curtains, etc.

As for renovations... I'm planning a full cosmetic makeover - clean the canvas, install vinyl plank floors, new cabinet paint, recover cushions, new curtains. Before I do that I need to figure out how to make easier access to the front bunk; right now I have to climb over the bench seat to get to it, which is awkward. But the awning poles store under that set of benches, so I think I'll figure out a way to make a step with a removable top so I can still keep the poles there, but more easily get into bed. I also think I want to install a 12v water pump. It came with a hand pump faucet but it doesn't work. I'll need to do the lift system maintenance, and since I don't know the history, I'll take the trailer in for new tires and to get the bearings packed.

7. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Like you, I didn't want to cook inside either. The camper I got doesn't have a built-in cooktop or sink, but I would have taken them out if it had. With 2 3-burner stoves, you must do a lot of cooking.
    I can't decide whether to get a camp stove or remount the indoor/outdoor stove to make it lighter.
    Your awning poles don't store in the awning bag? I've got an awning, but I've never seen it and don't know what shape it is in. The PO told me there was a screen around it, but I'm not so sure because he also told me it had the arms that unfolded.
    I want to do a remodel too, but before I do that, I want to camping because a remodel might take a while. But before that, I have to make some repairs and outfit my truck for trailer brakes and lights. I'm still waiting on a title so I wont be doing anything.

Adina*Moo likes this.