LIFT SYSTEM

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by Ricky Harmon, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Ricky Harmon

Ricky Harmon New Member

Just bought a 95 Palomino and when I was looking at it the cable snapped for the lift system. I bought it anyhow lol. The issue is I am having trouble finding someone to repair it due to the age for 1 and places not having the parts. Anyone know of any reputable shops in the western PA area close to brookville, pa that would be good to go to? Thx everyone.

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Sorry no suggestions. Lift broke on my old popup I also looked into getting it fixed. Sadly I don't have a shop or garage to work on it myself. After calling 6 places I found one shop willing to look only to quote me something like $2500 and that could change to higher depending on what else they find while working on it. Ultimately I found a newer popup in much better condition for almost the same price I was quoted to fix the old unit. Sadly that usually be the case with a lot of these shops the cost for them to work on something is going to be more than the camper is worth in their book. Good luck, you might have better luck tracking down a diagram and attempt the repair yourself.