Light Bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by pilgrim, Oct 8, 2018.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Member

I want to replace the interior light bulbs with LEDs. Where have people on the forum found them? Local hardware stores don't carry low-voltage leds. I see some online, but am not sure if they are compatible. I have a 2007 Coachmen Clipper Sport.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I don't know if they are low voltage but I got my LED lights at AutoZone. I tried cheap knockoffs on Amazon and they all pretty much burned out 15 min after putting them in. I decided to try AutoZone that way I can return them same day if it didn't work. Not sure if they carry your size.

4. lostboy

lostboy Active Member

I replaced my PUP ones with ones from amazon. I read a ton of reviews before picking a brand that seemed ok. Worked well for me and they were dirt cheap.

5. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I bought some 3030 ones off of eBay back when we first got the pup. We noticed last time out that several of the nodes were burned out on 2 of them, so I did a little more research and bought some different ones, this time from Amazon. These were advertised as "extremely bright", people talked about how they replaced the dome lights in their car with them and it went from barely being able to see to brilliant... well they must have a Yugo or smaller as these were extremely dim and disappointing. They will be going back to Amazon.

I'll probably buy the same ones I had before... they are T10 with a flat, round circuit board and 3030 LEDs that point straight down. Quite bright.

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I got all mine off of Ebay.. Ordered right from China.. Ordered in the fall and had them by the spring.. Came with adaptors to fit different bases.. had them about 4 years and no issues..

7. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I bought mine on Amazon. I figured out the size of bulb, found compatible ones on line and ordered them. They were pretty cheap too. I did get some that were more of a warm light similar to incandescent that I was replacing - I hate the bright cool/blue light of regular LEDs. I did make sure to get the ones that are rated for a voltage range - I had read on the marine forums that they had a better reliability rate with voltage fluctuations that can happen as batteries drain and/or get charged when hooked to shore power.

8. joet

joet Well-Known Member

I replaced complete fixtures that I bought from RV Upgrades. Double sided that I can control the brightness

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I also replace the complete fixtures. LED's have a direction to them so a flat panel would be best, that way all the light goes one way. Be sure to buy the brightness you want. I have noticed that the light from a LED will be bright white and pale yellow lines where the space between the LED's are mounted.
    I use LED's in the taillights of our SUV (red ones to use with the SUV's red lens) but automotive taillights usually have very good reflectors. I also tried them in my camper taillights, even painted the lamp base bright silver ........ but to me they didn't improve the light. I removed the bulbs and bulb holder and replace them with an LED board from a truck taillight ......... now that did the job.

10. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Active Member

On my pup, they were just standard automotive bulbs. I found LED equivalent at Walmart, and put them in the overhead light and the outdoor porch light. The color temperature is rather blue and un-pleasant, but I don't really have to worry about them burning out, so I deal with it as is.

11. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Get some soft white 2800-3000 K. They will be more like you are used to.

Fless likes this.