Lights!

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by 1REDBEARD, Jun 29, 2019.

1. 1REDBEARD

1REDBEARD Active Member

Hey, whats up portal? So we took our pup out for the maiden voyage this week and parked at a site. After reading this section on etiquette, I learned a few things but apparently the camper next to us did not. They had this big travel trailer and they left this long LED light bar outside their door on all night. It didn't particularly bother me, but I felt sorry for the people next to them. This thing was stupid bright and their was really no need for it... Not to mention they were not friendly at all. I tried to say hi and start a conversation and I do just looked at me turned the other direction and walked away... But oh well. There is always one of them in a crowd.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Yup, some people just don't get it.

Sjm9911 and 1REDBEARD like this.
  3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

That's too bad. We camped next to a family in a fifth wheel with some young children. The fiver had a bright porch light on the driver side which somebody left on the first night. We liked to sleep with the curtains down in the pup and needless to say that light didn't make for a good night's sleep.

I mentioned it to him the next day. He suspected one of "the little ones" may have flipped on that light and nobody noticed. He apologized and made sure it didn't happen again.

That was three or four years ago and we run into these folks at the campground from time to time and have become acquainted.

4. 1REDBEARD

1REDBEARD Active Member

Yeah it was definitely annoying. I just felt bad for the people next to him.

5. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

Honestly, we bought our hybrid last year. It has the blindingly bright LED strip under the awning. I didn't leave it on all night, but it was on a lot of the time my first couple of trips. After I started reading comments, I made sure it was turned off when we are not out side. We did buy some neat little canopy lights that look like vintage campers. Just enough light so I don't kick whatever my daughter has left in my way after drinking a few glasses of adult beverage by the fire. And those are turned off when we go in for the night too.

Oldshirt likes this.
  6. 1REDBEARD

1REDBEARD Active Member

It's understandable leaving it on while you're out there but not while you're sleeping I just hang up some twinkle lights under my canopy LOL

campfire Joe likes this.
  7. Adam Connolly

Adam Connolly Member

Most of those leds have a dimmer on the remote. I turn mine down just to the point where it lights up under the awning. If somebody was close by where i thought it might bother them i turn them off. Its simple!