Long delay in opening

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by Grandpa Don, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I seem to be having a heck of a time opening most posts on the forum. I don't know whether it is my computer, my Internet provider, or the popularity of this forum. Sometimes I will click on a post to make a comment and it takes forever to open... if at all. Could this be your server problem being too slow?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

try clearing the browser cache, but more likely its a sign that your hard drive is failing ( which happened to me a few months ago, exact same symptoms). Now would be a good time to update your external backup.

3. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

Thanks Anthony. I'll clear it this morning. I do have a back-up hard drive attached to the computer, and I have Carbonite which is an off-site backup company. Hopefully I am double protected just in case.

4. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

FYI - ALL my personal files and pics fit on a 512Gig SSD (with 60 GB to spare) which I take with me on vacation. Its handy to have all the files at my fingertip (via an HP laptop). It will likely stay that way, as I slowly thin out the photos, especially thin out the many NEF (RAW) files that I do not need.

Our desktop hard drive failure acted exactly like our web access was slowing down - quite missleading.