Looking at a Grey Wolf 29TE

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by daschnoz, Aug 15, 2019.

1. daschnoz

daschnoz Active Member

The time has come.....
    When we bought our PUP, the kids were 4 (twins) & 7. Now they are 8 and 11 and for some reason, they continue to get bigger. Even though our Jayco 1206 is one of the biggest PUPs you can get, the PUP has become officially too small. Plus, DW would like some of the abilities that a hard sided camper gives us:
    • more room
    • do ANYTHING in it without spending the first 15 minutes getting the thing open
    • pull in, level, camp (little to no set up/break down time)
    We're looking at the Grey Wolf 29TE. It has what we want AND what we need (enough beds for 3 kids in their own space, away from mom and dad).

Does anyone have experience with the Grey Wolf line? good, meh, bad, avoid like the plague??

2. Adam Connolly

Adam Connolly Member

Ive got a Salem Cruise Lite 26bhxl
    They are very similar from what ive seen. Honestly dont worry about what you see online and in forums. Your only gonna hear the bad things. When you buy your trailer take a pad and pen write down all your questions. Write down everything you see that may need to be fixed. Dont sign until everything has been fixed to your liking.
    Or its going to do a lot of sitting during the busy season. I read a story where person bought a brand new 5th wheel and found out 2 lights inside had stopped working so they dropped it off to be fixed under warranty. It took 4 weeks for the new parts to show up. The whole time the owner is complaining he cant use his new trailer.
    So if you can fix it yourself or are somewhat handy just do it yourself.
    I bought our trailer secind hand its a 2017 but had only been used 3 times. Sure i found a few things that needed fixing. Nothing terrible.

Raycfe, J Starsky and neighbormike like this.
  3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I 2nd what @Adam Connolly said about writing down questions! Write everything down that comes to mind and be sure to ask before taking a trailer home. Also do a thorough walk-thru to make sure the trailer is up to snuff before leaving the lot.

4. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

Totally agree, I looked and looked before I found mine I also found a few minor things that I decided I would take care of myself. The biggest thing is make sure everything works before you leave. Mine was a used 2017 and on the walk through the day I picked it up they were busy and trying to go real fast. I didn't care I wanted to make sure every thing functioned so I made them slow down and go through every thing with me. Also agree if you look online all you see is the bad stories I would take all that with a grain of salt

neighbormike likes this.
  5. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

What you've already been told is good advice. All RV's suffer some of the same problems: Cheap, rapid construction with little quality control (despite what the ads say). A Dometic or Coleman AC is the same whether it's on a pop up or 250K Class A. Same with the fridge and other appliances. This is the advice I give the folks I work with: 1. Is it the layout (floorplan) you want? 2.Does it have the amenities you want/need? 3.Does it have the utility you want. (my 5th wheel has all the bells, but can't get into half the state parks in Oklahoma). 4.Does it fit the budget? With any RV you will eventually have to tighten every screw and latch. All of the systems have to be maintained or they will fail at the worst opportunity. The people I know who got Grey Wolf are all happy. Good luck. Steve

neighbormike likes this.
  6. cham5

cham5 Member

I own a 2018 Grey Wolf 23MK. Other than the little things mentioned above I've had no real issues. One thing I did have is some stains on the paneling. At first I thought I had a leak but then on closer inspection it appeared the whole bundle of paneling must have gotten damp and there was ever so slight water staining on about half of the panels in the camper. I called the dealer and they have replaced all of it. Under warranty. Otherwise, its about the same as any other camper out there.