Looking for 12 VDC water pump recommendations

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by michaeltdyer, Jul 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. michaeltdyer

michaeltdyer Member

I have a vintage trailer that originally had a hand pump sink and somebody in the past added a 12 VDC water pump with a switch. The pump finally gave out and I am looking to replace it. It just feeds the sink so it does not have to be too big. I am looking online and there are many options from under $20 and up. So, has anyone bought a small water pump and do you recommend it? Any advice is welcome.

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

When the water pump in our small TT began to go bad, we upgraded it to a Shurflo4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution. It does feed more than the sink, but I believe they make a few models.

3. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I also bought a SHURFLO 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump to replace the one that failed in my unit. According to the Manufacturer, it's the direct replacement for the one I have.

This model has an integrated Pressure switch. Means when the water stops flowing (cause you turned off the tap) the pump shuts off. When you open the tap, the pump turns on because it senses the pressure loss. You only use the switch to disable the pump completely (Water tank is dry, or when your traveling).

You'd also need a new type of faucet. Any standard faucet will do. I bought a high necked chrome bath faucet to replace the plastic one that my unit came with (it cracked)

4. michaeltdyer

michaeltdyer Member

5. TinyCamperPro

TinyCamperPro Member