Looking for best campsite recommendations for Acadia NP

Discussion in 'Maine' started by Deb and Al, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Deb and Al

Deb and Al New Member

Planning a trip to Maine next year and hoping to get some recommendations on best campsites (site numbers if you have them) in Acadia NP. Thank You In Advance-

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I stayed in the Park itself at Blackwood campground. No water and electric in the campground and no showers in the campground itself, but a short drive away are pay showers. I stayed in the B loop, which I think is the best loop but if I remember correctly they assign spots to you based on your setup. They seem to put tents and some popups in the B loop and TT and large popups in the A loop. B loop is much quieter and my spot was nice and large. It was a good walk away from the toilets, but I had a portable toilet so didn't mind. Cell phone was nearly non existent at the campground. What I really liked about it. A short walk on a trail from the campground was a cliff face and the sunrises right there. It was beautiful and found myself waking up at 4 am to catch the sunrise over the water. I wasn't alone either. I chose Blackwood's mainly because it was closer to all the things I wanted to do in the park itself and I didn't care if I "roughed" it.
    The bus system in the park was great, that I hardly ever had to drive anywhere when I went. Bar Harbor was a nice quaint little town that I enjoyed just strolling through. Window shop or just people watch in town. You can pick up other bus systems from the town
    Square that takes you to other areas of the park. I only stayed four nights there and so wished I had more time.

Deb and Al likes this.
  3. Deb and Al

Deb and Al New Member

Thank you so much for all this information.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

We always stay at a private campground just down the street from an entrance to Acadia. Makes it easy to Bar Harbor, IGA for supplies, lobster , etc.
    Our favorite is Hadley Point Campground. Friendly people.

5. Deb and Al

Deb and Al New Member

Thanks, looks very nice

6. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

We stayed in Blackwood. It was quiet, nice and not crowded in July. The sites were reasonably spaced too.