Looking for good 4x4 suitable tentrailer

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Quatsino, Dec 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Quatsino

Quatsino New Member

I'm in BC Canada on Vancouver Island. There are lots of deactivated logging roads with cross-ditches. Not real offloading stuff but definitely requires 4x4. I used to have a small 7×7 tent trailer that weighed less that 500 lbs. It was bare bones but perfect for what i was doing. I'm looking for something similar or better. Small, light, leaf spring axle so it is easy to put bigger tires. Any recommendations would be great. If i could find a new Evolution E1 i would buy it. Do they still make them? I have 3 kids. Sleeping 6 would be good.

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Only E1s you'll find are going to be on the used market. There are quite a few off-road models out there now-a-days, like the Somerset E series which are basically Coleman/Fleetwood campers. I have their E2 and love it! I've taken it off-road a few times in the last couple of months and it did great. But most of the off-road units for any manufacturer are going to weigh a lot more than 500 lbs. Even something like a Sylvan Sport GO comes in at about 900 lbs.

3. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

4. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

5. WunFiddy

WunFiddy Member

Maybe a quicksilver 8.0 would fit the bill, the 6 is pretty tight. Skip the LP package. Will be over 500 lbs, but light and sturdy. Dont think its leaf sprung tho.