Looking for good pop-up repair in San Fran. Bay area.

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by Jedd de Lucia, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Jedd de Lucia

Jedd de Lucia New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a good repair shop recommendation for my Pop-up. I have a 2003 forest river. I'm in the SF bay area. East Bay recommendations prefered. Walnut Creek/Concord area is ideal.

I'd like to get the propane fridge repaired or replaced.

Also, the pop-up winch/raise mechanism needs to be looked at. The wire has gotten very kink'd and twisted and looks like it's starting to fray. Is replacing this wire something that can be done reasonably?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

Jedd,
    have you done any trouble shooting on the frig? There are a kerjillion threads on the subject on just this forum. Replacing it is $$, especially if that $$ is on top of trouble shooting $$.

3. Jedd de Lucia

Jedd de Lucia New Member

Yeah, I’ve tried to get it working. The fridge seems to work okay on 120v and seems to hold on to a chill at 12v. It’s the propane side. It took me several tries to take apart and clean out the gas line before it would stay lit. Once it does, it never seems to get cold.

4. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

I had issues with my 3-way frig, and aside from the thermal mastic behind the fins, which I broke, I never did replace the burner orifice - which I should have. I tired of the thing, and replaced it with an Engel 12V cooler-freezer. No regrets.