Looking for pop-up restoration services in Portland, OR area

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by 97ColemanSantaFe, Mar 15, 2019.

1. 97ColemanSantaFe

97ColemanSantaFe New Member

Hello. We have a '97 SantaFe. It's in great shape. Just want to spruce it up, update flooring, curtains, etc. Any recommendations for service providers in the area? Thanks!

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina. Not much help being in the South, but someone should chime in.

3. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

I hope you find what you are looking for, but the bad new is you may be out of luck. RV service centers usually don't work on pup ups. The only one's that do are dealerships that sell them and they will charge an arm and a leg. Their work is relegated to mechanical repairs, not reconditioning or redecorating.

I have several independent RV service centers near me and none of them touch popups. One of them will make an exception to work on a furnace or refrigerator but other than that, they will kindly turn you away.

The good news is that there are numerous thread here on the Portal and other related websites that can talk you through doing the work yourself. I have seen many posts on replacing flooring, curtains, recovering mattresses and much more. Use the search tool on the top of this page.

Another thought is that you may want to look for a handyman that does that type of work.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I second the handyman idea, may even be way cheaper than finding a company to do the work. That is assuming you don't do it yourself. I'm working on it myself but doing it very slow that way it doesn't feel like a chore. I did my curtains and valance last winter. I wanted to work on my cushions this winter, but forgot to take the cushions out if the camper before closing up for the winter. So to say at my rate it will be a few seasons when everything is done, but oh well it will get done.

5. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

My SIL does commercial sewing. She is in Raymond WA if that interests you.

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

One of the things that is most fun (next to camping) is "making it your own" and learning the in's and outs of the PUP. Most things are relatively simple, just go slow, draw diagrams, take photos and learn the unit as you go. As stated most dealers do not work on PUP's if they do it is usually very expensive. There is a wealth of knowledge on the forums all you have to do is to ask the questions and someone will be glad to assist with answers.

7. GCIS

GCIS New Member

I was on Portland Craig’s list the other day and there is a guy advertising that he works on tent trailers.

Search for tent trailer tech
    And you should see his ad.

8. 97ColemanSantaFe

97ColemanSantaFe New Member

Thank you! I saw the add and will definitely give him/her a call. Sounds like I could at least get the roof seal replaced. Still looking for a source for interior decorating. I think if I could just buy a set of curtains and valance that fit, that would be a big help. Would love to DIY it but don't have the time at this stage in life.

Thanks again.
    Steve

9. jodyber

jodyber New Member

Hi! I, too, am looking for help with popup restoration. Plz let me know if u find one that is reasonable. I have found a few, but, they want more than the thing cost new!

10. jodyber

jodyber New Member

11. jodyber

jodyber New Member

Hi! I, too, am looking for restoration help. If u find any that are reasonable, Plz let me know. I have found a few, but, they want more than the thing cost new.

12. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

Welcome from a fellow Oregonian. As mentioned, if you find someone RV specific, congratulations. Another avenue to pursue may be finding a general house type handyman. If all you are looking for is cosmetic stuff, like flooring and paint, the same skills apply.

Good luck and again, welcome.

13. jodyber

jodyber New Member

TU for responding. I actually can do the cosmetic. I need help with exterior. The front and back panels were exposed to weather by previous owner and rotted out so bad that the whole back panel fell apart. That is the area I need assistance with.

14. bagbyboy

bagbyboy New Member

15. bagbyboy

bagbyboy New Member