Looking for suggestions on where to stay within 1/2 hour of .

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Snow, May 7, 2013.

1. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Nashville ...? we are planning an August 5 day trip to the Nashville area and are looking for campground suggestions within a 1/2 drive of Music City, we prefer cg's like State parks, ACoE etc, but would consider decent inexpensive private cg's.. Also we would be wanting a site with at least 30 amp service..

Also anyone know of a doggie daycare place in the Nashville area, that we could drop off in the morning and pick up in the evening? I found a couple but they require seeing the dog prior and doing a compatibility testing ... we just want something for a few hours one maybe two days...

Thanks

2. smoreking

smoreking Member

I have driven through Montgomery Bell SP before and it seemed nice. Never stayed there but its popular. Also, Cedars of Lebanon SP, both parks are around 30 minutes of Nashville. If you want closer there's Jellystone over by Opryland hotel. I have not stayed at any of these, they are just food for thought.

3. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

We stayed an overnighter in a small RV park just south of Nashville (Campers RV Park). It was OK if you have a self-contained unit; but, I wouldn't recommend staying there for an extended stay in the PUP. Just my [2C]

There were also a couple state parks near there. At least we saw the signs on the interstate. If you stay at one of them, post a review and let us know how it was.

I would be interested to know about any State Parks that you may choose in the Nashville area.

4. Harleymsn

Harleymsn Member

5. lizzyg

lizzyg New Member

I live close to Nashville, and enjoy almost all the state parks, Montgomery Bell and Cedar of Lebanon are my least favorite. Bledsoe State Park is very nice,but not a lot of sites Edgar Evans is a good one. Look at recreation.gov for the Core of Engineer parks, there are quite a few around the Nashville area, all the ones I've been to have been really nice.

Enjoy!
    Liz :) [PU]

6. Boroviewfarm

Boroviewfarm Farmer marries veterinarian; now raises kids.

I like Montgomery Bell SP, but would agree that Cedars of Lebanon is low on my list. There is an ARmy Core park in Lavergne TN (20 miles from downtown) that is on Percy Priest Lake. It is called Poole Knobs campground. I have only tent camped there, and that was years ago.

7. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

I would stay at one of the corps of engineers parks. They are great.

8. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Right now we are leaning towards Cedars of Lebanon, DS likes the pool, doesn't look too bad.. but I'll look at other ACOE Parks ..

9. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

We stayed at the Hampton Inn downtown last fall, walking (stumbling) distance to the bars downtown and the hall of fame.
    But I'm following this, as we didn't see all we wanted to when there, and might be back again soon!

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Ok question for all you folks... is there a way to turn on a "map view" so I can see all the ACoE Parks on a map ? Like on ReserveAmerica?

11. JohnBob

JohnBob "One day closer to retirement or heaven."

Montgomery Bell would be my choice. We've stayed there 4 or 5 times over the last 3 years. Excellent facilities. In the hotel facility they have a buffet for all 3 meals that is reasonably priced if you want a change of pace. Also, since you're going to be in the area, you might want to check out Chaffin's Dinner Theater. It's a family owned local theater that serves an excellent dinner before a 2-3 act play. We go to Nashville several times a year just for the dinner and show. Hope you enjoy your stay in TN!

12. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Use this site: http://www.uscampgrounds.info/

13. Indy

Indy Member

All this info is helpful to me, too. We're planning to attend an informal wedding in March in Nashville, and I'm thinking a pop-up tour of Tennessee is in order. :)