Looking For Towing Mirrors

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
Howdy folks !

I'm looking for some recommendations on towing mirrors for a 2005 Toyota Highlander towing a Rockwood Premier pup. Hoping to find something relatively inexpensive, easy on / easy off, obviously temporary.

Thanks.....

Harvardroger

If it feels good, do it! If it hurts, Stop!
Sep 5, 2011
I just bought some for my Suburban on e-bay. Search for 2005 Toyota Highlander Tow Mirror and you will find some.

Unstable_Tripod

Well, there's your problem!
May 20, 2008
Seattle, Washington
I have THESE and am quite satisfied with them.

You can see one in this picture.
YumaBurro3pic.jpg

Ductape

Super Active Member
Jun 12, 2013
We'll have to try some of the universal fit mirrors. I haven't found anything custom fit for the Highlander from any manufacturer....... thanks.

ex-tenters

Super Active Member
Jan 24, 2010
We use the clip-on/strap-on type (no nasty jokes, please) type.

I believe we bought them at O'Reilly's, but any auto parts store has them - Autozone, Pep Boys, NAPA, Advance, etc.

They take a little bit of time to adjust the view just right, but they do work and certainly increase confidence when making lane changes on the highway.

WL

ex-tenters

Super Active Member
Jan 24, 2010
After reading other posts, I know where some people's minds reside.

Sorry to have eliminated another 20 or so replies based on the one term.

WL

scollins

Feb 24, 2013
I used to have a 19' you hauler and we used mirrors like these.

http://www.etrailer.com/Mirrors/CIPA/CM11964.html

They stay on your mirror with a suction cup and use a metal rod connected to the actual tow mirror. The nice thing about them is the adjustment. All you do is stick them on and the sit back in your usual position and use your mirror adjustments in your vehicle to make changes just like you would your normal mirror. They stay on well as long as the mirror is clean and they're relatively inexpensive.